Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Yote hunt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there anyone around the iowa, benton, johnson, Keokuk, or poweshiek county area that would be interested in taking me out coyote hunting tomorrow? I’m very eager to learn. I dont have access to any private land. Definitely not interested in barging and taking someone else’s hunting ground. Just looking to at least learn some basics and hopefully shoot at least 1 or 2

Participant

Ya I kinda got the fever too. Prolly wouldn’t go out till after deer season. All I have is a mouth call and a shotgun. Lots of videos out there. Just find a place to sit and give it a try. I have been out a few times over the last couple of years but haven’t called one in yet. Ice fishing usually gets in the way.

Participant

I’ve watched plenty of videos on youtube. Plus I have 3 DVDs on yote hunting, but that’s nothing like getting a real life experience from someone that knows what they’re doing.

Participant

A coyote hunter’s odds will improve greatly. By understanding more about coyote behaviors. They spend the vast majority of their time on the down-wind slopes of hills, ground cover. Using the up-wind areas as transition areas. To get from one down wind area to the next. While they are on the down-wind. They often pan around to their down-wind & cross-wind areas. Whether a “caller” or “spot stalker” It is best, to walk into a mile section/area, on the cross-wind.  Hunters who walk in, with the “wind” in their face. Greatly reduce their odds of being successful.

Participant

Is there anyone around the iowa, benton, johnson, Keokuk, or poweshiek county area that would be interested in taking me out coyote hunting tomorrow? I’m very eager to learn. I dont have access to any private land. Definitely not interested in barging and taking someone else’s hunting ground. Just looking to at least learn some basics and hopefully shoot at least 1 or 2

Im from Keokuk County and would be happy to take you. Will have to wait for 2nd  deer season to wind down since calling at that time is a good way to get shot around here. PM me

Participant

Not sure how to pm on here, but sounds great. It’ll have to be on a weekend now so we’ll have to arrange a day to go out.

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

the PM functionality has been broken for a while now…

Participant

I see, I couldn’t find anything for pm’s

Participant

Not sure how to pm on here, but sounds great. It’ll have to be on a weekend now so we’ll have to arrange a day to go out

Sounds good, I’m assuming were talking about calling coyotes?

Participant

Yep, I have a 5.56 that’s zeroed in at 100 yrds, I would probably be comfortable shooting put to 200 yrds maybe 250 tops.

Participant

How does the first or second Saturday of January sound?

Participant

Well Im ready to go now. Just have to wait till this weather clears. I hear we have more snow moving into the area today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.