Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Yellow bass in Storm Lake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone else notice the Iowa fishing reports good fishing for yellow bass in Storm Lake. Didn’t know it had any……

District
    Comments
    Date
    Storm Lake (incl Little Storm Lake)
    Northwest
    Most water temperatures in our district are in the mid 60’s. Look for bluegill and crappie action to pick up near shore as water continues to warm. For more information, contact the Black Hawk District office at 712-657-2638.
    05/17 11:37
    Northwest
    Walleye – Fair: Pick up walleye in about 8 feet of water using crawlers and crankbaits.
    05/17 11:46
    Northwest
    Yellow Bass – Fair: Crankbaits and crawlers are working well in about 8 feet of water.
    05/17 11:47

Text/HTMLrm Lake and Little Storm Lake?

Participant

The bite was on fire in the marina for walleye, crappie and rough fish early spring. Since they had the tournament it has been dang slow. Weird year for any of the wallyeye, unless you tried the river. robbie

Participant
    1. Always pick up a couple when trolling for eyes
    Participant

I wonder if they mean “white” bass?  I fish Storm a fair amount and never caught a yellow bass.

Millertime30Millertime30
    Participant

Being from Storm Lake and still fishing it quite a bit I don’t think I can say I have ever heard of someone catching a yellow bass, perch and white bass yes, but never a yellow bass!

GreenbackingGreenbacking
    Participant

My thought also, they miss quoted and they are white bass.  Does anyone fish the structure they put into Little Storm Lake. Just looks like an early season spot. I haven’t taken time to try it.

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

There better not be any yellow bass in Storm Lake! It’s always been white bass, crappie, walleye, catfish as major species. I’ve also caught bass and bluegills (rubbertails) in the marina when crappie fishing.  A lot of times people get Storm Lake and Clear Lake mixed up- Clear Lake is the hot lake for yellow bass fishing, and I hope it stays that way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.