Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Wyoming Whitetail

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This morning I shot a decent whitetail in my alfalfa field. I have been hunting since the special deer season in my area opened on Nov 1. I wanted to shoot a particular big buck but gave up and shot a smaller buck since today is the second to the last day. I shot him at 250 yards with my 300 RUM. The 180gr Accubond bullet hit him behind the shoulder and hammered him. He didn’t take another step.  Ironically when I drove out to get my deer the big buck was in the field breeding a doe and let me stop at 200 yards and didn’t spook. I loaded up my deer and the big buck was still there. I have one more doe tag I could fill today or tomorrow. I have let several other people shoot deer. Before the season opened I would count 90+ deer a night in my 30 acre field. This makes deer number 15 that has been taken here between  the general deer season and the special whitetail season. I need to have some deer harvested but I think all the hunting pressure did impact deer coming into the field. I had two chances to shoot the big buck but neither opportunity was a really safe shot. I have other farms around me and I’m extremely careful of where I shoot.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by WhipWhip.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Whip

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

Nice buck and story Whip!

It’s just funny how those big boys know when they aren’t in danger LOL!

Participant

Beautiful buck Whip!!!! Pretty amazing story to accompany this as well. sounds like a good year for you so far filling the freezer up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.