Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Worming

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: bowfisher

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Quote by: m+sauer

If you get any calls from the neighbors complaining about a bald guy in boxers and slippers, roaming the street, picking up worms this morning…no worries…it was me. I mean no harm. :mrgreen:

Funny story…Shortly after I moved into my house, I was in my garden on a drizzling night collecting worms. The next day the neighbor asked “Were you weeding your garden about midnight?” Now they don’t even bat an eye when they see me on my hands and knees with a head lamp and a coffee can in my hands at all hours of the night!

Please tell us you wear your vest while worming in the garden also…

It is best to assume I am wearing my vest when doing anything.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Quote by: bowfisher

Quote by: m+sauer

If you get any calls from the neighbors complaining about a bald guy in boxers and slippers, roaming the street, picking up worms this morning…no worries…it was me. I mean no harm. :mrgreen:

Funny story…Shortly after I moved into my house, I was in my garden on a drizzling night collecting worms. The next day the neighbor asked “Were you weeding your garden about midnight?” Now they don’t even bat an eye when they see me on my hands and knees with a head lamp and a coffee can in my hands at all hours of the night!

Please tell us you wear your vest while worming in the garden also…

It is best to assume I am wearing my vest when doing anything.

LOL was wondering if you were ever gonna catch that!!! That’s great news!

Participant

That goes for me too. The only difference is the bald guy is wearing sleep pants. 🙄 🙄

Participant

I picked up a seasons worth the other morning and put them in a Styrofoam box (worm box) with Frabil’s fat and sassy ready to use worm bedding. Checked on them today and they were all dead? What gives and what should I be using from now on?

Participant

The only time I think of it is when I am out in town and step on someones driveway or parking lot and see tracks. Most I seen the last 3 days were just small ones….But it would be nice to snag a few-10 dozen. Not sure how fast they grow? Anyone know? Will have to try go out next rain. They were a ton out tho the last couple sprinkles. I am just plain sick of mud. Driveway is finally getting dried out…..

Participant

Or you can just do this in a few spots.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Quote by: cbducks

I picked up a seasons worth the other morning and put them in a Styrofoam box (worm box) with Frabil’s fat and sassy ready to use worm bedding. Checked on them today and they were all dead? What gives and what should I be using from now on?

The Fat & Sassy is fine but you may of had it to wet or more likely you used tap water with a good shot of Chlorine in it. Tap water let set in a bucket for 24 hrs before you use it . You need to have the container ready the day before the worms go in.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Quote by: Oldbear

The Fat & Sassy is fine but you may of had it to wet or more likely you used tap water with a good shot of Chlorine in it. Tap water let set in a bucket for 24 hrs before you use it . You need to have the container ready the day before the worms go in.

X2. Chlorine sounds like the problem. Get he worn farm ready and let set for a few days then add worms. Should work perfect then.

Participant

The bedding is probably ok, but if you are a coffee drinker take your coffee grinds from the morning and put them in with your crawlers to keep them from wetting and it also gives them a stronger scent in the water!

Participant

I totally agree with the coffee grounds. Have any of you heard of worm grunting seen on you tube even had a episode of it on Diry Jobs.

Participant

When I was a middle schooler and high schooler back in the late 80’s/ early 90’s my brother and I had a worm business. We sold them for .75 cents a dozen. We had two refrigerators just for worms. Guys would place orders for 100 dozen before their trips to Canada or where ever they were going. We had a horse pasture that was great for catching worms. Took a lot of time to find worms. So we got smart and drove to town during a rainstorm. We would put a screen over a gutter drain at the bottom of a hill. And the worms would just wash down the hill. We had a spot along a golf course where we could fill an ice cream bucket in a couple of hours. Worked great and saved us a ton of nights. We also used shreeded paper for bedding. It was free and easy to sort through. I still do this once in a while when I want a couple of dozen worms.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.