Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Worming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sounds like get your bedding ready Eastern Iowa. Mite be a little drier in Western Ia.

Participant

How much rain are they calling for? I’m hoping for a dry year.

Participant

The crawlers have been out for a couple of days here in north central Iowa. Haven’t picked any up yet. Need to get some bedding ready thou, so it can season in a little. ( I like to let mine sit for a few days before using it. Probably not necessary.( just me! :mrgreen: )

Participant

After the rain last night, the sidewalks on the walk to school were COVERED in crawlers.

Participant

If you get any calls from the neighbors complaining about a bald guy in boxers and slippers, roaming the street, picking up worms this morning…no worries…it was me. I mean no harm. :mrgreen:

Participant

Quote by: m+sauer

If you get any calls from the neighbors complaining about a bald guy in boxers and slippers, roaming the street, picking up worms this morning…no worries…it was me. I mean no harm. :mrgreen:

Funny story…Shortly after I moved into my house, I was in my garden on a drizzling night collecting worms. The next day the neighbor asked “Were you weeding your garden about midnight?” Now they don’t even bat an eye when they see me on my hands and knees with a head lamp and a coffee can in my hands at all hours of the night!

Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

Funny story…Shortly after I moved into my house, I was in my garden on a drizzling night collecting worms. The next day the neighbor asked “Were you weeding your garden about midnight?” Now they don’t even bat an eye when they see me on my hands and knees with a head lamp and a coffee can in my hands at all hours of the night!

99% of the people just don’t understand

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant

Please tell us you wear your vest while worming in the garden also…

Participant

I picked up probably $50 worth in the street this morning in central Iowa. Now I need to figure out a way to keep them alive all spring.

Participant

After the rain last night, the sidewalks on the walk to school were COVERED in crawlers.

We had .40″ here. Robins were liv’in large this morning.

Participant

Quote by: jereseib

I picked up probably $50 worth in the street this morning in central Iowa. Now I need to figure out a way to keep them alive all spring.

get a styrofoam cooler. Some worm bedding and worm food. Then put them in the bottom of the beer and bait refrigerator. Easy enough. We keep them all year.

Participant

Quote by: jereseib

I’ve had good luck with Buss bedding for years. About $5 for a bag. Don’t get them to wet.

PCIPCI
    Participant

Anyone ever use a plastic container to store worms ?

Participant

Quote by: PCI

i have used a bucket.

Participant

Quote by: PCI

That is all I use. No point in using styrofoam if you are keeping them in the frig unless your frig dips below freezing on occasion. I use schwan’s ice cream containers and than cardboard for the bedding. Both are free 😀 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.