Winter Time2017-02-13T20:03:04-05:00

Home Forums Fishing Bowfishing Winter Time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m having a hard time finding fish in the river, during this time of year. I would’ve thought that they would be easier to find/shoot because they are lethargic. Are they deeper? Or are they just flat out harder to find? Where should I go to find these fish?

stick500stick500
    Participant

I never see carp shallow or near the surface in the winter. Even at artificially open spots (marinas with pumps, etc.) you would think they would enjoy coming up to the surface and sunning themselves, but no.

I think carp just huddle up on the bottom and rest during the winter and wait for warmer days to get active again.

basspro23basspro23
    Participant

Quote by: stick500

I never see carp shallow or near the surface in the winter. Even at artificially open spots (marinas with pumps, etc.) you would think they would enjoy coming up to the surface and sunning themselves, but no.

I think carp just huddle up on the bottom and rest during the winter and wait for warmer days to get active again.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’m going to hold off until the water gets warm enough for spawn.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!