Home Forums Ask the Sportsman Why The Long Delay With The New Site?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First off the new site looks great!  I was just curious why the old site got shut down and then a long delay with the new site?

stick500stick500
    Participant

if IA Sportsman wants to keep this forum busy, they should pop an e-mail to all the registered users that they are back up and running

I only found out by checking a couple times a week for the last month and half

glad to see it back, though!!

IowaDuckHunterIowaDuckHunter
    Participant

Patrick nice job on the new site. It will take a little bit to get used to but so far I like it. Best of luck.

IowaDuckHunter

holdemholdem
    Participant

Where are the “forum” sub titles?  I looked under “forums” but….

holdemholdem
    Participant

Nevermind. I’m a dumbass.

Participant

I was on here about 4 yrs on the old site and even looked at it after the new one came up, didn’t like it so I didn’t look again until this week and could not get back on?  Resetting my password did not work, stating “this email is already in use” , so I had to create a new account.  Doesn’t look like it’s as busy as the old site or am I not right?

Blocked

Ropeknot this is the new improved website!!!  It is a cutting edge site that is easy to log on to…post pics…and it is very resistant to SPAM.  It is very easy to use and very popular.   Break any rules and your OFF!   For example”What happens when a rule is broken”….do the crime you pay the time.  WELCOME!

Participant

And we still have twdenny.

Blocked

That’s what I am saying!!!! I like the way you do business!!!!!!

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Thats definitely the biggest drawback to the new site.

Blocked

That’s a matter of opinion clearly!!!!!!!!!

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Thats definitely the biggest drawback to the new site.

Don’t both of these posts actually break the rules posted on the new “What happens if I Break a Rule” post? Talk about being a hypocrite.

Site rules…

3. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated!

9. Insulting, disparaging, or personal attacks against forum staff or any member will be not tolerated. If you have an issue with a forum staff or user please consult with the admin.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Blocked

OH…..the kettle is very black….the naysayers cannot see the forest because of the trees!!!! The real reason this site is the way it is!  If 2 or 3 people make the site the way that they want it…guess what…only 2 or 3 people come to the site like it is now because there are a select few who want it to be a personal private chat room and if your beliefs do not align with theirs they call you names or demand that you are banned.  Again leave the site alone let the ones who want to be here be here let the pones that do not like it leave and the cream will rise!!! Let nature and Darwins theory take its course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

OH…..the kettle is very black….the naysayers cannot see the forest because of the trees!!!! The real reason this site is the way it is! If 2 or 3 people make the site the way that they want it…guess what…only 2 or 3 people come to the site like it is now because there are a select few who want it to be a personal private chat room and if your beliefs do not align with theirs they call you names or demand that you are banned. Again leave the site alone let the ones who want to be here be here let the pones that do not like it leave and the cream will rise!!! Let nature and Darwins theory take its course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the few that want to make the site to be what they want it to be???  Just call them out and stop beating around the bush.

I’ve been making posts, not to make it my “personal chat room”, but because I want to be part of the solution and not part of the problem with site traffic.  I’m hoping to generate some long lost conversation we had on here years ago, before the negative posts and attacks.  I’ve made thousands of posts, many positive, many negative myself, and I’ve learned the negative does nothing but turn most the people I’ve enjoyed talking to on this site away from it.

So do you think your negativity is helping twdenney?  Is you constant belittling of the site part of the solution or the problem?  if you hate the site so much, why are you here?  Isn’t it a waste of your time?  Or do you have nothing better to do that troll an outdoor site and tell everyone how bad you think it is….  If you don’t want to be here, leave.

But my bet is you’ll respond with negativity, lots of explanation marks, call me names, blah blah blah.  At then end of the day I’ve started threads and made posts trying to improve this site.  what have you done?

edit – This “site” isn’t what it is because of the hosting software, it is what it is because of the people here.  The past outings and such weren’t because of the hosting software.  the people who met up to hunt and fish wasn’t because of the hosting software.  It was the good people on here.  Are you helping with foster or revive that?  Are you part of the “good people”?  You can be regardless of if you have been or not, anyone can.  Start posting things that are helpful and that people want to read.  I honestly don’t enjoy reading your posts, much like people didn’t like reading my negative posts and left…  But each day is a new day, eh?

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Well said scruff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.