Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Who’s still finding Sheds?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I was wondering if anyone has been finding any shed antlers lately? I went out yesterday for about an hour and found my second matched set of the year and they were laying about 7 feet from each other! I was pretty excited because they were from a 2 1/2 year old 8 pt. He will be a good one this fall!

cyclones30
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I went out with a few friends yesterday for a few hours and we managed one smaller 4pt side. Also found 1 half rack skull and a smaller dead 10pt buck. I’m hoping to get back out again today or any time this week. I’ll chime back in if I land anything else.

stitch
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I picked up three last week. one looked like it had just dropped.

TRKYHNTR
    Participant
    Up
    Down

On Tuseday the third I had 3 bucks still sporting horn cross in front of me on my way to work, and have a few buddies bump bucks with horns as the hunt sheds. I haven’t found any fesh ones this year at all, but still go out when ever I can.

TRKYHNTR,
    Nathan

duckslayer
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found 1 last wednesday. It was this years but really chewed up.

duckslayer
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found one last wednesday, It was really chewed up.

PCI
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Saw a set Fri. night but was still on his head.

jrocker
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found a nice 5 point side on fri. It wasn’t hardly chewed on at all. I also found a two point side today that wasn’t ate up either.

yotetrapper
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Went out on thursday with a buddy and we found five, only one was fresh. Then four of us went out today and I found two, another buddy found a little match set a rew feet apart, then another buddy pullled out a 59 inch 4 point side with extremely impressive mass and short tines. Its startin to wind down for me and start concentrating on gettin a gobbler.

taylortomtt
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Had the dogs out last Tues. and a friend found a 4 pt side, pretty fresh.

hobie
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Saw a medium sized 8 with them still attatched to his head saturday afternoon.

mr.icefishing
    Participant
    Up
    Down

A friend told me that he and his family found 4 fresh ones today.

h2ofwlr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found my second matched set ever a week ago, a 14 pointer at that. Love to shoot one like that someday! We are still seeing a few with antlers on yet so dont stop lookin just yet. I will try to get pictures of the 14 on here as soon as i find my hook ups for my camera

fishings4me
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Last weekend I found 3 sheds – all from different deer! And they’ve all got 3 points! And they’re all left-sided! I’ve been out twice since and haven’t found anymore. I came across a dead buck with velvet yet and also a dead 6 pt. I’m hoping to find one really good one yet this year… then onto morels!

buckmark
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I still have a buck on trail cam everyday that i am still waiting for him to drop yet. and a small 6pt still carryin both sides, bout enough to make a guy impatient!

TeamAsgrow
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Saturday I found a little pait from a year and a half old that were a few part away from each other, he was all broke off. In a few years he will be a bruiser. Plus I found a single side from a 3 1/3 year old. Real heavy mass put only 3 pts. I am 90% sure that I found is rack last year, still I hope to see him this fall as a 4 1/2 year old he will be a really heavy 7 pter I think. All of them were really fresh and were not there a week before, when I was looking and running my dogs

bigbuckhunter
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have found 72 now and my buddy is at 24 I believe. Found a couple fresh ones the other day, Only seen two still holding in the last week or two

Droptine
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The wife and I went out last night to a new spot and she found a great matched set!!! He is a 9pt almost a 10 and he scored 107 inches without an inside spread. I figure this puts him around 123 inches figuring a 16 inch spread. She was super excited!!!! Great day to be outdoors!!

KWFD22
    Participant
    Up
    Down

we had a grass fire on a farm last saturday and one of the guys found a set laying right next to each other, they were browned some from the fire but not to bad

it was a 8 pt. prolly about 18 in wide

walleye wisdom
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I found four this weekend, they are still out there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.