Home Forums Hunting Archery Who practices with broadheads?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Weird that the standard has always been 3 but slick trick gives you 4 actual broadheads. 😉

Every pack I have ever bought had 3 and I just googled it quick and it looks like 3 packs. Where did you get the 4 packs from?

I picked mine up at Scheels.
    http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/BROADHEAD-MAGNUM-100GR-4PK-10043-ST100M

Participant

Last few packs of Slick Tricks I picked up were a 4 pack.

I can’t imagine not practicing with the head you shoot. I will gladly sacrifice 1 broadhead for practice if it means I know were it is going to hit on the target. BTW the best broadhead target around is the Rinehart 18-1 target.

Participant

Quote by: hunt%26fishman

Weird that the standard has always been 3 but slick trick gives you 4 actual broadheads. 😉

Every pack I have ever bought had 3 and I just googled it quick and it looks like 3 packs. Where did you get the 4 packs from?

I picked mine up at Scheels.
    http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/BROADHEAD-MAGNUM-100GR-4PK-10043-ST100M

Nice, the more you know!

I shot them for a couple years. This year I went a little more budget friendly and switched back to Muzzy 4 blades. And they shot lights out right out of the pack, now I just need some willing ungulates!

Participant

I always make sure that my broad heads are spinning true to the arrow shaft. If not then I true up the insert and try again. Once I get them spinning true then I go Out and shoot one or two of them to make sure that they fly straight and hit where I am aiming out to 50yds. Then I replace the blades and go hunting. I am 100% confident that when I go to the stand that they will hit where I am aiming. If I have to change anything during the season on the bow I grab one of the broad heads and shoot it from 20 out to 50yds and check everything.

Participant

every arrow I take into the field gets shot enough times that I know it will go where I want it. I keep old blades and use them for practice then swap them out for new blades to hunt with.

People who don’t practice with every arrow are doing themselves and the animals they hunt a disservice. Just because every arrow is set up the same doesn’t mean they will all fly the same. Sometimes you will get a flyer and something as simple as turning the nock a quarter turn will bring that arrow into the group with the rest.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.