Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Which scope

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, I am buying a new scope I need some advice.

A 3-9×40 mil dot with cheaper weaver rings
    Or
    6×40 mil dot and Harris bipod and quick detach rings by a.r.m.s.

Both are SWFA super sniper.

I live in ames ia and will be hunting coyote primarily. Will also hunt deer in Kansas and I would not feel handicap at all with either scope for deer.

I am leaning toward the 3-9

Also looking at a Burris XTR 3-12×50

Aaron

Participant

Get a Nikon buckmaster with a mildot or a monarch

Participant

Ive got a 4-16X50 nikon monarch with BDC for $425.00 I live in Ames also just thought id throw it out there they are great scopes. I would stay away from the burris I havnt had really good luck with those.

Participant

If it were me, I’d get more power and a 50mm. I’ve got a 4-12x50mm and wish I had more.

Participant

What rifle is it going on?

I do not feel underpowered with a Leupold Mark AR 3-9 x 40 on my .223 DPMS.
    9 Power is plenty for most any rifle from my experience.

Make sure you get a good solid base and rings, you don’t want that scope moving around.

Participant

The reason I mention more power is for shooting paper. 9 power doesn’t cut it at 200 or 300 yards. You’ll know where your gun shoots at 100 yards but backup to 200 and 300 and your scope covers the target and forget about even seeing the dot. Other then that, a 9x works fine for hunting. my 2 cents

Participant

Midway USA has a great scope on clearance. A Barska Benchmark 5-20×50 mildot w/side focus. Was $340 and on clearance for $176

Participant

i would stay away from the cheaper weaver rings. get the good ones. i have a 3-9-40 bushnell trophy scope on my rifle. it was a 100 bucks at JAX. i have no complaints. i zero my rifle in at 200 yards at 9 power and have had NO PROBLEM seeing paper. i have always wonder about those barska scopes. i have a pair of barska binos and i been really happy with them.

Participant

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING BARSKA.

I don’t know how much I can reiterate that point. They are junk scopes.

I know some have had OK luck with them, but they are not worth the money you pay.

Spend the $ once and be done with it.

I like anything by Leupold.

Participant

Ordered the 3-9×40 SS from SWFA. Haven’t heard any negs on this scope

Participant

i am a real big fan of the bushnell elite 3200s. they are onsale on midway right now. i am also a fan of nikon monarchs. i have a 4-16x mildot and love it. make sure you get nice bases and rings. i like leupold std bases and rings. they are fairly cheap should cost round 60 for both of them.

Participant

I don’t know if I would spend the extra money on a Harris bipod. I have three others that are just like the Harris and I believe they are called Rock Solid

I see you have already purchased the scope but I’m a fan of the Bushnell Elite series 4200 better than the three Burris Scopes I have

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.