Where ya been?2019-03-30T21:35:45-05:00

Home Forums Hunting General Hunting Where ya been?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

lets start a topic where y’all been on guided hunts or diy hunts fishing or hunting. Lots of ppl would be interested in getting ideas plans for this stuff

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

We have covered a few places during trips and such. Reel em Inn Lodge on Lake of the woods is an annual summer thing. A couple years ago we went down to Grenada, MS for crappie in March. Lake Okeechobee we did once too. You didn’t tell us where you have ventured?!

Participant

Been to Texas hog huntin and Warsaw spoonbill snaggin. Kids been makin it hard to get away lol

Participant

Hired guides for halibut/salmon fishing in Alaska, bear hunting in Minnesota and in Ontario.

DIY hunted for pronghorn in Wyoming, elk and mule deer in Montana, hogs in Texas and black bear and deer in Georgia.

Planning on a guided elk in New Mexico next year.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

WhipWhip
    Participant

I’m getting ready to do more road trips hunting and fishing during my retirement so I’m anxious to hear the responses.

I have hunted black bears in Saskatchewan and fished for pike. Went to Lake of the Woods for walleye, Minnesota for walleye, hunted quail and hogs in Texas. Hunted and fished Iowa as a nonresident for bass, panfish, coyote, pheasant and quail. Have spent the majority of my time hunting and fishing here in Wyoming since 1980. Still miss some aspects of Iowa hunting and fishing.

Whip

Participant

Whip I’d love to be out there. Iowa is on the downfall in my opinion. Pheasants started it out years ago and now the deer are zombies. Jus give it a few years and c what huntin in Iowa is gonna be. Wouldn’t it be nice to see the bottom of a creek or river and not that brown muck were all use to. Paying farmers millions in subsidies to jus pollute our water ways and knock down our wildlife. I no there are millions of other factors into the survival of wildlife and fish but gotta start with the obvious basics

Participant

Live4fall could ya tell me some info on ur bear hunt in Minnesota?

Participant

DIY archery elk in New Mexico (twice) and once to Wyoming.  Went back to Wyoming Labor Day 2017 and caught brook trout.

DIY rifle deer in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Missouri.

South Dakota Lakota reservation turkey hunt.

Lake Michigan salmon fishing charter 3 times with one coming up in May.

Costa Rica billfish fishing charter twice.

Got a salmon charter reserved for the Columbia River this summer.

Hunted New York for bear/deer a couple of years ago. Almost filled my deer tag with a 130″ buck, which would have been a huge accomplishment there.  Never did see a bear.  Nonresident Combo tag was $100.00.

Participant

Live4fall – Where did you hunt bear in Georgia ? Any luck ? I have a cabin in the north Georgia mountains. Bear in our county outnumber deer 2 to 1. Bear population in north Georgia has exploded in recent years.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Fishing…
    DIY fly fishing for trout all over Colorado, Arkansas, California, Montana and Georgia.

Guided fly fishing for Bonefish on Nassau.

Guided fly fishing for Tarpon in the Yucatan, Mexico

Guided deep sea fishing off Isla Mujeres Mexico and Nantucket island.

DIY walleye fishing on Red Lake, Ontario, Canada.

Hunting…

DIY Upland hunting in Kansas and South Dakota

DIY Pronghorn hunting in Wyoming

Doing DIY Elk next year near Corvalis, Montana

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

DIY trout fly fishing in southern Missouri this past March. Figured out camping is much more enjoyable without mosquitoes.

Participant

hunt n fish,

I hunted with Martinsen Guide service based in Cook, near Lake Vermillion. Had success each time up there. We took a boat and tent camped at a state park on the lake. Fished in the morning and hunted afternoons.

IATOGA,

In Georgia we hunted near Ellijay on large tracts of land owned by the paper mill companies. Filled our deer tags but never saw a bear.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant

live4fall – Our cabin is 20 minutes east of Ellijay. The property backs up to 6000 acres of the Chattahooche National Forest. If you ever get back down this way and are looking for a place to hunt, let me know.

Participant

Tried putting in more pics, but for some reason it wont take them

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!