Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Where Did Everyone Go On Here????????

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    bowfisher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Heinrix_54

Mostly, I miss crap like this… B)

https://iowasportsman.com/forum/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=1&showtopic=56840&highlight=lost%20post

RIP IceJohn!

Kev-Cat
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I know I don’t visit or post as much on here as I used to. I got tired of just a couple members always trying to derail a topic for their own agenda.
    The best thing I have liked about this site is having met several members in person while traveling around the state.

Is there a way to block posts in a thread from certain members on this site so they don’t show up on my end? Thx.

Kev

Heinrix_54
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Another thing that I just thought of:

More and more people access the internet by mobile device or tablet. We see that in our web numbers at the paper. I would venture a guess that the site would have more participation/visitors if it had an app or was at least mobile optimized.

Mr.Seaguar
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Kev-Cat

I know I don’t visit or post as much on here as I used to. I got tired of just a couple members always trying to derail a topic for their own agenda.
    The best thing I have liked about this site is having met several members in person while traveling around the state.

Is there a way to block posts in a thread from certain members on this site so they don’t show up on my end? Thx.

Kev

There is an ignore function or at least used to be but it doesn’t work. I tried it with Bird but I still saw all his posts.

deerhunter93
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m not a big fan of the rude people and the internet police so I don’t post too often on here. I wish people would realize they can just scroll on by and not respond to something that doesn’t sit perfect with them.

I also added pictures and a story of a buck I harvested a few weeks ago and it got 8 comments. I don’t post on here for people to give me a pat on the back but the “negative” threads get a lot more attention than the good ones.

MisterTwoForty
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: IaCraig

Quote by: Maverick

see the same exact topic that has been re-hashed 400 times; the old timers around here know exactly which ones I am talking about and I log out.

Ditto that point…….

I’ll second the motion. It seems like there are daily ‘Where is a good spot to hunt in X county’ and ‘Are the fishing biting at X’ lake. There is one forum that I frequent where those posts are not allowed so members either do not respond or the post is taken down. Especially if its a new member and that’s their first post. You are expected to find an old thread or at the very least do some research and ask pointed questions. Putting out a shotgun blast thread asking for areas gets old. I prefer the PM for that feature.

There are still good members and the mods do the best they can.

There are better sites out there for the same topics, but this is a good ‘catch all’ for outdoors in Iowa.

I too will not post any harvest stories, not because of I fear the comments, but anywhere I would post from would be recognizable and I don’t want to make known those locations.

Like others have mentioned, there’s many other forms of social media to share on now. Those that I liked to follow – I now have on facebook and see all their pictures there. It was fun seeing the adventure threads which seem to have disappeared.

Ihuntcurs
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I think there is still a lot a person can learn from the site. Last few weeks I learned about Alpaca insole. Got a pair of the and like them so far. Also using a bionoculars straps to keep my heavier cloths tight to the chest bow hunting in cold weather.
    Got to see some awesome duck hunting pictures and some really nice deer pictures make a person think if they know how lucky they are. I think it is well worth checking out.

Outdooraddict
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Speaking of where did everybody go, what ever happened to Big Jake?I always enjoyed his posts.

CedarStorm1975
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve stuck it out for 10 years now. IN that time I’ve gotten a lot of useful advice and help from other forum members. In turn, I like to hopefully be helpful to others who come here to learn how to improve their outdoor skills, catch more fish, fool wary waterfowl. This is still a great website for that 😀 ! I’ve even made some friends over the years all across the state because of this site. One of the things I appreciate about this website, is that it provides a layer of safety over using Facebook, for example. I love seeing the photos people put up of their outdoor successes on here, and it’s fun to bump into people in my state wide travels that I recognize from this site. I also love that we can coordinate gatherings locally, and at the end of the day we go home and don’t have to be bombarded with some of the fodder one encounters by being facebook friends with people, haha. She’s an old website, but she still has a lot of life left in her! Thanks to the admins and staff for keeping this going all these years!

walleye warrior
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have been a member for a little over a year now,I have learned a lot about what I dont know,and in turn,I try to teach what I do know,usually anything involving outboards,trailers,cars and such as I have been a mechanic going on thirty eight years now,so it is a give and take site were you only get out of it what you put into it.

as far as posters getting bashed by trolls who only get off having diarrhea of the keyboard,they should know to not feed them and ignore them completely.
    I hope this site only gets better,the mods do what they can,and I personally got a note only when I was out of line,and I deserved it.

I am a member on several other sites,and they all have trolls as well,so its not only here,surprisingly,you can spot who they are by their replies alone if they are from this site as well as you can recognize the content of their character.

I will continue to post here and hope to see others do the same.

sep0667
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I check the site on a regular basis, mostly during the fall. Use to be a lot more pics and stories shared and that really made it fun and what I enjoyed. I rarely share any pics or post much anymore, partly because I don’t have a lot pics to even share for that matter, I don’t really take pics-maybe I should start.

But yeah, a lot of people get rubbed the wrong way. Some people do get to critical of others. I agree that threads have seemed to get locked pretty quick and there is one admin that, to me, seems to be on a power surge sometimes.

I miss reading a lot of the older members posts. Someone else mentioned Prime Focus……that brought back some memories. He had a lot of good artifact and coyote hunt pics.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Well it’s been an interesting thread. I saw it this morning and decided to just let run. I’m going to assume Patrick will be flooded with volunteers to be moderators. You just need to be ready to do it free. Thick hide recommeneded. Don’t mind a day or two of running pm’s and emails when you move or delete a post. Oh, ya, threats of physical violence. Big Jake and I both received them. General Banter was moved off front page because of a few individuals that managed to turn posts into Battlefront material. Then the mods/ admins would get accused, in pm’s/emails deleting them when they were not on the front page. A further problem was having 4 or 5 busy GB threads pushing all the actual outdoor threads off the bottom of the front page in a few hours. Yes, we’ve lost active participation of some GREAT members. Some still lurk because I hear from them. Cyber bullies and armchair experts are part of life, you just need to learn to deal with this fact. The site rules are really pretty simple.

I can’t speak for management, I do not work for the site, but I’m sure they will welcome good solid comments.

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

Quote by: kenhump

Well it’s been an interesting thread. I saw it this morning and decided to just let run. I’m going to assume Patrick will be flooded with volunteers to be moderators. You just need to be ready to do it free. Thick hide recommeneded. Don’t mind a day or two of running pm’s and emails when you move or delete a post. Oh, ya, threats of physical violence. Big Jake and I both received them. General Banter was moved off front page because of a few individuals that managed to turn posts into Battlefront material. Then the mods/ admins would get accused, in pm’s/emails deleting them when they were not on the front page. A further problem was having 4 or 5 busy GB threads pushing all the actual outdoor threads off the bottom of the front page in a few hours. Yes, we’ve lost active participation of some GREAT members. Some still lurk because I hear from them. Cyber bullies and armchair experts are part of life, you just need to learn to deal with this fact. The site rules are really pretty simple.

I can’t speak for management, I do not work for the site, but I’m sure they will welcome good solid comments.

The fact you thought about closing this thread down speaks volumes.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: llewellinsetter

The fact you thought about closing this thread down speaks volumes.

Never intended to shut it down. What I was talking about was the fact that I wanted to see what the comments would be. I knew I would be out
    of the loop all day driving.

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

Sorry, the when I read that you “decided to just let run”, to me implied that you were NOT going to let it run. My mistake.

Cubby
    Participant
    Up
    Down

moved, 3 kids, and Facebook groups……..more time now though!

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Sorry, the when I read that you “decided to just let run”, to me implied that you were NOT going to let it run. My mistake.

No ptoblem. I was pretty sure that there would not be any other admins or mods available today so I sent an email to just let it ‘run’. I checked once on the road and things looked good. Thanks to all for keeping on subject and great comments.

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

No ptoblem. I was pretty sure that there would not be any other admins or mods available today so I sent an email to just let it ‘run’. I checked once on the road and things looked good. Thanks to all for keeping on subject and great comments.

I think this is a great thread and can add a lot of understanding and possibly some improvements to this site. Good to see so many members participating.
    Thanks for your support of the site, hope all’s well on the home front.
    Cheers.

alan_50501
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Read alot check in few times a day

Fort dodge

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.