Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Where Did Everyone Go On Here????????

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Just wondering what happened to everyone that used to be on this site.?????????? I started a profile years ago, as you can research, and used the site for helpful info and ideas. I really enjoyed all of the banter back and forth from the regulars and I would give my 2 cents on occasion as well. Nowadays, it seems like only a couple of members are logged on in a night vs. several dozen years back….the only difference I have noticed is the more negative responsives from people when you post something compared to the past(minus Typical250). Just kinda makes me sad since I hate waiting hours for responses on any given topic..

Almost seems like the site is going “down for the count”……..I sure hope not!

Participant
    Up
    Down

I quit posting because everything you say either gets rude comments or it seems to go clear off track and far away from the original post. Not worth causing arguments or being put down by some CENSORED who has done it all and even so much better!! Just my 2 cents!!

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have been here forever. I don’t post too often as it gets really old getting blasted by the arm chair quarterbacks that live on here and have nothing better to do other than try to publically call someone out or attempt to humiliate them just because……they can. I don’t have that kind of attitude in me. Internet police are a nonproductive waste of time.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Read a lot,reply a little.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Like said before… lots of negativity and i think social media also is playing a role. Lots of regional facebook group pages. More local or closer to local replys on them.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve been here longer then almost everyone on this site and I do agree! You can tell by my post count I read a lot and respond little. The negativity is the number one problem but it’s happening on the other forums I’m on too. Im starting to think of ditching the damn internet and saying screw it and spend more time outside and doing things the old way. This new era and these antis and dems and liberals… Forget about it I’ll see ya outside! Rant over.

Up
    Down

Honestly there used to A LOT more “negativity” on this site in years past. What some people consider negativity others consider debate. Threads were allowed to get a little heated, people were allowed to share their opinions and debate things more in depth. Usually at the end of a thread people came to some kind of agreement. Anymore it seems that this is not allowed and real discussion with passionate debate is no longer allowed. A few people decide what’s ok and what’s not. I think people just don’t come here or say anything because they feel their opinions no longer count if it does not fall in place with the powers that be.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Maceman

I quit posting because everything you say either gets rude comments or it seems to go clear off track and far away from the original post. Not worth causing arguments or being put down by some CENSORED who has done it all and even so much better!! Just my 2 cents!!

Nailed it. Especially some admins who think they can form an opinion against you then send you private messages cursing at you .

Participant
    Up
    Down

I noticed the decline starting about the time general banter was pulled from the front page. Posts in there rarely get more than a couple responses now. I still check in most days, sometimes several times each day, but not nearly like I used to. Nobody posts trail cam pics anymore and if it isn’t deer season the whole front page seems to be fishing stuff, so I’m just not as engaged.

topH20terrortopH20terror
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ll agree with some of the sentiment already posted.

It gets really old seeing the responses that are all about what someone else thinks you did wrong or why they don’t hunt or fish the way you do, yadda, yadda, yadda.

In years past I would have posted about my crow hunting I did this Fall………not this year, no thanks.

In years past I would have posted about the deer me and my buddy put down last w/e………not this year, no thanks.

IMO there are several posters in here that should have been booted from this site a long time ago due to their constant negative posting habits, etc.

I believe people are finding other sites and outlets like FB to spend their time or have just learned to enjoy their outdoor/hunting/fishing experiences w/o exposing themselves to the internet police and the negativity that come along with it.

I still come to this site to see some of the posts from some of the newer folks and help if/when I can and I enjoy some of the posts from some of the older members here, especially in the Predator/Varmint hunting, Bass fishing and Deer Hunting.

I also do some very detailed posts in the firearms and/or reloading areas sometimes to hopefully help some people learn a few things and I have gotten some excellent feedback from some of those posts in the form of private messages and follow up posts telling me how much they appreciate me spending the time and taking the effort to do those posts. Those are the things that have kept me here this long. B)

Up
    Down

Quote by: orngruffee

Read a lot,reply a little.

Same here, check in everyday.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I used to look forward to looking at the site every day . I have logged in about 6 times this year. It was a place to get good feed back and information. a lot of negativity now . I hope when I log in that it gets better I been a member a long time.

Participant
    Up
    Down

The cookbook and recipes threads are the only “safe” one’s around anymore. The rest… I’ll leave it at that.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Same here. I check it out to read posts but don’t post much because of all the negative responses you get. Some of the threads I read just blows my mind what some people have to say. It turns from a guy posting a picture of his deer he shot to “I wouldn’t shoot anything that small” or “I don’t see the tag”. I read one a while back the guy had to put in his post that he just shot it and took this picture before tagging and moving it just so people wouldn’t get on him about it not having the tag on yet.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Between social media, the ability to google anything you want to know, and new websites poping up everyday, forums are slowing becoming a thing of the past.
    People are getting paid to write reviews on products (yes, real personal opiniated reviews), and post thier story/video/experiance on other web sites…….so why do it for free on a forum???
    Forums will still be around……but not like they were 5-10 years ago…..

Participant
    Up
    Down

Hello I just hopped onboard here, but as i read the above statements im not sure my question & concerns will go over to well 🙄

Participant
    Up
    Down

I check the site out daily and post when I feel I can provide good info. As for the negativity go to any site and you will find the same thing….I am a member of several other forums and FB groups and it is the same there. People seem to be a bit sensitive and can’t block out the goofballs that are going to be everywhere….sucks because we all share the same passion yet we all seem to bicker with each other. The best way to get the trolls to stop is to block them out and not respond to them, mods/admins have there hands full with them and the more they try to govern the site the more the trolls will feed off of that, I think as members we should be the ones that try and curb the negativity as we are the ones providing the content.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I think the problem on here (who am I kidding…like there’s only ONE haha….) is too often, our “debates” pit sportsman against sportsman. Coyote houndsmen against deer hunters. Shotgun hunters vs bowhunters. Waterfowlers who like teal season and Waterfowlers who don’t. Catch and Release guys vs meat fishermen. Etc, etc, etc. For folks to get along, and more importantly to preserve our sports, we need to be united, not divided into about 30 different camps.

90% of the blowhards on this site remind me of a quote I once heard. “Ever notice how on the highway, anyone driving slower than you is a complete idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac??”

Too often on this site if someone does something ONE BIT different from someone else, it unleashes a pretty hellacious pissing match.

There are some real blowhards on this site, and I’m sure we could all quote their mantras, and it’s too bad they scare people off. It’s often said that those with absolutely nothing to say somehow feel the need to say it the loudest. Look at all the “A lab is the best dog in the world for everything from upland to doing a 1040-EZ tax form” guys, all the “if you have ever kept one bass you are what’s wrong with our fisheries” guys, all the “MORE DAYYYYYYSSSSSS MORE DAYS MORE DAYS I <3 TEAL SEASON" guys. Just spouting off their own brand of intolerant rhetoric, bashing anyone with a different belief, no matter how well founded.

Iowa has 99 counties, is decently large area wise, and has pretty varied terrain for a midwest state. Results on EVERYTHING From the walleye bite, deer numbers, pheasant population, etc are going to vary. But when a guy who lives on Okoboji is limiting out on walleyes every day calls a guy who lives in South Central IA an idiot for not being able to do the same….or a guy who lives in NW IA telling a guy in NE IA he must be an idiot for not finding pheasants on opening day…it just drives me nuts. Waterfowlers are the worst about it by far but every group does it.

Plus you gotta love the few who just come here looking for a fight, no matter the topic or the substance. I swear there are some on here who would have a 9 page debate on whether a zebra is a black horse with white stripes or a white horse with black stripes.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I also agree that it isn’t constructive criticism, it gets down right personal at times and
    there are a few on here that just looks to start a personal attack .

I had one of my replies to a post deleted and moved to the Battlefront because
    I mentioned one of the Mods were watching. I was addressing the issue at hand
    and was not being critical of the post or the responces.

As mentioned earlier it seems we can’t have a debate. As long as nobody gets personal,
    uses foul language, i beleive a debate is good thing.
    If it needs moved to the Battlefront “so be it”

I’ve even started a new thread as not to steal someone elses.

I too have been looking for another site.

Maybe I missed something and need to reread the site rules.

Participant
    Up
    Down

The problem with “negative” comments or debates for that matter is everyone thinks there opinion is correct and the way of the world. In return you get more than a debate you get an argument that turns personal when someone differs from what your saying all behind the protection of a computer screen that give people courage to do or say what they want. Then when something gets moved deleted or whatever the mods/admins get bashed for stepping in, then if the threads are not moved you get members saying the site is too negative. I say it again; as the content contributors of this site it is up to us members to control what goes on in the site as best we can.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.