Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting whats for supper

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

well im triing to decide how i should eat my tag tomorrow night grill it or deep fat fry it…

slayer
    Participant
    Up
    Down

let me know how it is i got 3 to fix my self might try both ways :mrgreen:

axegothic3
    Participant
    Up
    Down

2 for me too!

TeamAsgrow
    Participant
    Up
    Down

it helps if you peel the backing off first, that is where most of the gamey taste comes from.

I am preparing a couple of antler-less tags this evening

bigA
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have multiples as well…my resolution for next year is to not be so picky on the bucks and to shoot my does early. I waited on the does and then when I was ready, they disappeared. Plus, hitting the range a bit more may help too. Ended up with two does for the year and missed a few easy shots…bow and muzzy 😳

changdrix
    Up
    Down

Lol I plan on frying up an extra doe tag

changdrix
    Up
    Down

Lol I plan on frying up an extra doe tag

labbrit
    Participant
    Up
    Down

as Team Asgrow said remove the backing, tenderize, dip in an egg batter, lots of breading and seasoning and deep fry in hot oil. serve with lots of alcohol

sage
    Participant
    Up
    Down

bigA i kow what u mean …. i see the deer for 2 days and then nothing…. i think the dnr need to come up with a different flavor tags lol….. good luck on the last day…. im going to draw straws one were to sit …

Outdoor_Joe_26
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Pan of bacon grease and a little salt n pepper is all you’ll need. Two for me already with a 3rd NE tag pending this weekends Desoto Bend results.

For the most part I was in the right areas, but brush and calm quiet cold days is what hurt me the most. Had two hear the safety before they entered the shooting lane, and another one that was lucky a .50 cal powerbelt isn’t a brush buster.

Hdnpowrz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Roll it up and smoke it!!!

Maverick
    Participant
    Up
    Down

1 bow buck tag and several antlerless tags for me. The only good thing is that I should have enough leftover to be able to bring some tag for lunch at work tomorrow. 😀

On a side note, and not trying to start anything, but it looks like there are a lot of antlerless tags going unfilled, not always a bad thing considering the deer numbers. I had plenty of chances to fill all my tags but I am willingly eating tags for dinner in the hopes of preserving a few does.

CombatCarl
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I bought 100 extra doe tags in Linn County, and only shot 2 deer this year in all. So Ill be eating a MASSIVE AMMOUNT of tagwich.

Doing my part… some guy’s feed them I just buyem out.

tla100
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: CombatCarl

I bought 100 extra doe tags in Linn County, and only shot 2 deer this year in all. So Ill be eating a MASSIVE AMMOUNT of tagwich.

Doing my part… some guy’s feed them I just buyem out.

Congrats 🙄

sandman
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Going to cut mine into little, tiny squares, put them on a hook with a minnow and feed them to the walleyes through the ice :mrgreen:

TeamAsgrow
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Maverick

1 bow buck tag and several antlerless tags for me. The only good thing is that I should have enough leftover to be able to bring some tag for lunch at work tomorrow. 😀

On a side note, and not trying to start anything, but it looks like there are a lot of antlerless tags going unfilled, not always a bad thing considering the deer numbers. I had plenty of chances to fill all my tags but I am willingly eating tags for dinner in the hopes of preserving a few does.

I usually get over anxious when I am buying antler less tags, and this year it seemed whatever stand I was in I saw very few deer. The stand my buddy was in, seemed like he had a shot or two at a doe every morning 😡 It is ok with me though, he was a lot more jealous of the buck I shot :mrgreen:

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.