Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing What size and where was your biggest walleye you’ve caught?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I only went on one trip focusing on walleye and though I caught a lot I never caught any that were large. Biggest was probably about 20″ on Lake Pepin three years ago. I’m heading there again in June so hopefully I can do better.

jimneyjimney
    Participant

When our farm pond was new we stocked it with walleye and other things. The largest walleye caught out was 7 pounds, but the largest I caught was 5 on several occassions. Not a trophy compared to the others here for sure, but not bad for a pond and damn good fillets. They have since all cleared out of that pond.

Participant

31.5 ” from a lake in Nebraska last year.

Participant

31.25 inches 13.5 pounds. Red River Manitoba

Participant

31″ 11lbs Red Lake Ontario

Quote by: Stickman

31.25 inches 13.5 pounds. Red River Manitoba

Nice fish!!

Participant

i caught a 7.5 pounder that was 27.5 inches long when i was 7 years old.. Caught it on Ten Mile Lake in Minnesota. Never caught another walleye close to that. It mounted and hanging in my folks basement. Looks kind rough now being over 40 years old. haha ill see if I can find a picture.

Loomis13Loomis13
    Participant

Biggest for me was caught on LOTW, at 29″. Biggest Iowa walleye is 27″ coming out of Lake Rathbun.

Some amazing fish have been caught by members on here!! I hope there are many more for all.

holdemholdem
    Participant

28 incher. In the mouth.

Participant

22″ cedar river

Blocked

27.5″ on Lac Seul in 2014, another about 8# in the Des Moines river below Red Rock, never measured it.

Participant

Iowa…. 24″ from Brushy Creek about 10 years ago.

26″ …. Lake Erie

no idea on weights of either, but they both tasted great!

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

29.5″ Saganaga Lake (BWCA motor lake)

Participant

I got a 27″ 8 lbs I think in central Iowa on the Des Moines river by the Vandalia road boat ramp last March.

Participant

Longest: 31″ on Lake Francis Case in Chamberlain SD. Caught in June of 2003 and I had it weighed on a tournament scale at the ramp and it only weighed 7.25 lbs.

Heaviest: was a 29″ 9.80 lbers caught on the Detroit River last April. Heading to Detroit in a couple of days and hopefully can post a new personal best.

Biggest in Iowa: I’ve caught three different fish that were all 28″-28.5″ on the Mississippi River, all at Lynxville dam in the spring.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.