Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing What is your guess?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

November 2016 next year. No need to head to Florida or even Arizone. Just stay in Iowa for the global warming Giddy Up.

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’ve temporarily shifted from ice fishing to perfecting my BBQ’ing techniques…….we better get some ice down our way soon, or I’ll put on 20lbs FAST, haha 😆

basspro23basspro23
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m guessing early-mid january. if not that, then no fishing at all. It’s really making me frustrated :/

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: basspro23

I’m guessing early-mid january. if not that, then no fishing at all. It’s really making me frustrated :/

Just way to much hot air around the capital. 😉 29 here.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Start of Jan. looks like we will be building ice at night if it stays cold in the forecast maybe Jan 16-20th

Participant
    Up
    Down

Heading to Webster South Dakota. The lakes there are all frozen. North and West. I will ge my fix and come home to 1 inch of ice around highway 20. Guess I better enjoy 2 days of bliss. Got my new Nils drill and think it wll not drill holes until mid January or later. Excited about no gas and oil and nice quiet drilling. Come on ice- lets get going! Robbie 😛

Participant
    Up
    Down

Unfortunately still sticking with my prediction of no ice this year on lake macbride. It’s really a bummer. I’m thinking about heading up to Red Lake for a few days just to scratch the itch.

Participant
    Up
    Down

I will say highway 20 and north will be January 5-7th for 4″ of walkable solid ice dont be a downer fella’s still could have a good ice season!

Participant
    Up
    Down

Maybe someone could elaborate on this obsession with ice and ice fishing?! Seems there are multiple posts on when and where there is first ice and who has the balls to be the first one to venture out. 😯 I may be in the minority here, but I just don’t see the excitement in it. If there is good, solid ice then sure I’ll venture out and try to catch some fish. If not, then there are plenty of other outdoor activities that are much safer that can be enjoyed. Risking life and limb is not an itch that I need to scratch.

Participant
    Up
    Down

The long range forcast is calling for a little over 2 weeks of cold weather in mid January. If that holds true (big if) then I plan on firshing by 25th around iowa city/cedar rapids area. Then is warms back up above freezing.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Not too long and we’ll be due for a January ‘thaw’. That being the case I think this may be the best winter of my life: no shoveling, nary a bitter cold chill upon my face; sorry ice fishing buddies but perhaps up Nort’ you may find the hard water you seek.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Maybe someone could elaborate on this obsession with ice and ice fishing?! Seems there are multiple posts on when and where there is first ice and who has the balls to be the first one to venture out. 😯 I may be in the minority here, but I just don’t see the excitement in it. If there is good, solid ice then sure I’ll venture out and try to catch some fish. If not, then there are plenty of other outdoor activities that are much safer that can be enjoyed. Risking life and limb is not an itch that I need to scratch.

Same type obsession that causes people to hide in the bushes and get eaten by ticks and mosquitoes to shoot a turkey. 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.