Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing What is your guess?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

What date will the ice be fishable in your neck of the woods? Reply your county and date! I’m from Polk County and after looking at the forecast I saw this morning, I’m guessing January 3rd. These 50s in the forecast are brutal!

Participant
    Up
    Down

The 10 day doesn’t look great for making ice up at Okoboji, West is still open. I would think around Christmas up here. Was there ever a year when the ice never got thick enough up at Okoboji area or what was the latest it made safe ice.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hwy 92 and south: IF we get ice, it will be the 2nd or third week in January. The last time we saw this weather pattern with 50 degrees for shotgun opener, we had 4 days of barely enough ice for the whole season. I highly doubt Red Rock will be fishable this year, at least not more than a few days. Hopefully a small res and the ponds will get some ice at least.

North Dakota is forecasted to have a near record warm winter. That ain’t good for ice in Iowa.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Jasper county im guessing 2nd week of January hoping for the 1st week. I agree like above that Red Rock probably wont be fishable this year, just if we can get a few small things locked up, im ready to go!!

Participant
    Up
    Down

“North Dakota is forecasted to have a near record warm winter”. That means it will only be -20. :mrgreen:

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I’m going to say around New year’s weekend here in Linn/Johnson County. That’s usually when it makes it’s first safe appearance around here. Last year it was Christmas if I remember right.

bowfisherbowfisher
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I bought an ice shack last spring, so I’m gonna go ahead and say the next safe ice south of 80 will be next winter! Haha

If I would buy a snowmobile it would never snow in IA again – my luck! 🙄

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The nice thing is that I know well enough that there’s some great ice fishing up in Wisconsin…about 3-4 hours away if winter drags it’s feet down here south of Highway 20.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Just pulled the boat back out of storage, am going to take advantage of near 60 degree days coming up in central Iowa.

The ice shack is still in the box hanging from the garage ceiling.

[email protected]#$! El Nino!

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The new 10 day forecast for Pella has NO temps below freezing. I probably won’t even order waxies this year.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Winnebago county. First weekend in January.

Participant
    Up
    Down

kossuth county was on 3″of ice yesterday afternoon for a few hours… only caught small blue gills, crappie and perch but was great to walk on water again!!

Participant
    Up
    Down

These posts just depresses a guy. Oh well, I guess it will ice over when its good and ready.

PCIPCI
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: bowfisher

I bought an ice shack last spring, so I’m gonna go ahead and say the next safe ice south of 80 will be next winter! Haha

If I would buy a snowmobile it would never snow in IA again – my luck! 🙄

The ponds I fish are in Wayne County most likely won’t be getting ice fished this year. Wet like this can’t even get to them to fish open water.

Participant
    Up
    Down

12-3-15 Dickinson County

Participant
    Up
    Down

^ some people live the good life

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: spiritpercher

12-3-15 Dickinson County

SHHHHH

Up
    Down

Quote by: kenhump

Quote by: spiritpercher

12-3-15 Dickinson County

SHHHHH

To late Ken the secret is out. Ice season is here! 😆

Participant
    Up
    Down

i seen 3 guys out on upper gar last night 3 inches of ice they said there were catching yellow bass.

Participant
    Up
    Down

😯

The weather can turn around real quick. Don’t worry. Northern Iowa and the Dakotas will get cold and then we will all be complaining about how cold it is. OR it will be one real mild winter and we can go open water for trout.

Heck, maybe it is time to download music to our I pods or play deer hunter on the t.v. There is always something to do. Find he honey do list and shred it. rob

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.