Home Forums Hunting Firearms What buckmark to buy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m looking to buy a 22 pistol and looking really hard at a buckmark. Now which one to buy is the question. I have no plan of putting a scope in it and may only put a few dozen rounds a year down the barrel. The gun will primarily be used as a finish gun on coyotes. Looking for any input on your favorite buckmark.

Blocked

I got a really good deal at Sportsman’s Warehouse yesterday. Its not a Buckmark but a Ruger 22/45 Lite. 10 Round clip, the gun weighs 23 Oz., 4.4 inch barrel, made from Aluminum and with stainless barrel liner, threaded for a silencer if you wanted to install, looks nice just the way it is. Frame is polymer, receiver and bolt steel of course, rest of gun in nice black finish. Priced at $349.95.

The new ones to replace this model look like a ray gun from buck rogers, gold and shiny aluminum. No thanks not for me but this one is nice! Link> http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

Participant

If that is the primary use for the firearm I would opt for something such as a Ruger Bearcat or Ruger 22/45 lite. Something that will deliver kill shots at close range but more importantly be light to carry around.

My .02

Blocked

You don’t think a 22 LR as CCI Stinger or Mini Mag hollow point would kill a coyote at 5- 10 ft?

Participant

Quote by: wmgeorge64

You don’t think a 22 LR as CCI Stinger or Mini Mag hollow point would kill a coyote at 5- 10 ft?

Ummm, yeah I believe it would. Why would you think I don’t think that?

Blocked

I thought there was a Not opt in your post. Sorry.

Participant

Just get the Buckmark Camper. Love mine.

Participant

I also looked at the River 22/45. Nice gun but I have always been a browning fan.

Participant

Quote by: Skeeno

Just get the Buckmark Camper. Love mine.

I’m also a fan of the camper.

Participant

I’m leaning towards the camper stainless with the fiber optic front sight.

Participant

The fiber optic sight is definitely an improvement. Mine just came with standard sights and I very quickly put on a set of Williams Fire sights.

IowaDuckHunterIowaDuckHunter
    Participant

I have the camper and love it. I also put on a fiber optic front sight.

IowaDuckHunter

Participant

The 22/45 is pretty much the mark 3 with differant clips i personally like the target or bull barrels but they do add a little wieght i have a noxk off buck mark called an amt lightining its older but was an exact copy of rugers mark 1 but in stainless and thats why ruger sued and shut the down. And one last thing who ever thought a .22 wont kill a yote talk to any trapper and see what they dispatch with 😉

Participant

Quote by: alwaysfishing1

The 22/45 is pretty much the mark 3 with differant clips i personally like the target or bull barrels but they do add a little wieght i have a noxk off buck mark called an amt lightining its older but was an exact copy of rugers mark 1 but in stainless and thats why ruger sued and shut the down. And one last thing who ever thought a .22 wont kill a yote talk to any trapper and see what they dispatch with 😉

I’ve always used a 22 to dispatch yotes. I currently have an old single 6 but its been really beat up over the years my dad and I ha e had it. Would really like a semi auto 22 pistol.

Blocked

Quote by: svridersv

I’m leaning towards the camper stainless with the fiber optic front sight.

It also looks like the Ruger 22/45 Lite I just purchased. The Lite is pretty much a dead ringer or a copy of the Buckmark line. Anyway, yes I am now shopping for a Hi-Viz front sight for this Ruger, its too hard to see for a older shooter : ) .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.