Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Webster South Dakota Hunting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone from here has hunted in the Webster/Andover areas ever for coyotes. I’m heading that way on Friday and just was wondering on terrain, number of coyotes they encountered. Thanks, will be reporting back when I get back.

Pdog

Participant

I know a guy that lives south of there by the south end of Poinsett. They have so many coyotes that they have called in the state predator helicopter to thin them out. If you knock on doors and say I am here to shoot coyotes, not many will say no. As for terrain, there’s lots of it.

Participant

I spent about 10 months in the area for work. Quite a few coyotes and a can’t imagine too many people saying no for permission. Lots of different habitat depending on which way you head from town. Saw the most coyotes in Brown and Marshall counties while living up there.

Participant

You won’t have any problem finding coyotes just as the others have said. The people I know up there would love them thinned out.

Participant

If anyone has any contacts PM me, please. Would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be a multiple trip per year deal for us, as I have a house to stay in. Meeting new people would be great. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Pdog

Participant

South Dakota must have some people hunting out there. A pic of one South Dakota fur buyer in action floated into my Facebook circle today.

Participant

A buddy of mine got permission on a lot of land by huron and took his brother and dad calling for tge weekend. Hunt was ruined by three new trucks doing 40 across the field they were in to run three dogs down close enough to shotgun them. They told him 26 trucks shot 73 yotes in one day. He saids there were truck tracks in every single field approach they passed. True sportsman, be careful.

Participant

Quote by: DWC

A buddy of mine got permission on a lot of land by huron and took his brother and dad calling for tge weekend. Hunt was ruined by three new trucks doing 40 across the field they were in to run three dogs down close enough to shotgun them. They told him 26 trucks shot 73 yotes in one day. He saids there were truck tracks in every single field approach they passed. True sportsman, be careful.

Same thing goes on in Iowa every single weekend.

Participant

True….it pays to hunt during the week if you can.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.