Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Webster, SD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thinking of heading up to Webster for a couple of days, any advice on places to stay or places to stay away from? This would be my first trip to this area, Thanks. Any reports of how the fishing has been?

Participant

My son and 3 others were up there for 3 days, between all 4, they caught 4 9 inch perch. Bait shops all said dead sea, nothing going, that’s Bitter and Waubay. Lots of people fishing, all same story. Good luck anyway, Rod

Participant

Here’s my advice, when you’re on I29 N and you get to exit 207 for Hwy 12 that would take you to Webster… Don’t stop, keep going lol. And then follow these directions https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/sd/watertown/to/us/nd/devils-lake

Participant

we did good on saturday. 40 perch 4 eyes and a couple slough snakes. those lakes are tough but you move enough you will find them!!!

Participant

Just got back yesterday. We used local guides. First day we got 25. 2nd day, we limited out at 45 by noon between the 3 of us. I know some people don’t like guides, but they put us on fish. Wouldn’t do it any other way. They were biting on a specific lure and set up. There were shacks all around us and we were the only ones catching fish. Got our limits and even went and set up in another area and managed a walleye.

Participant

I talked to my in laws in Watertown this weekend and they also said fishing has been terrible. When word does get out that someone catches anything, 500 people show up and make it crazy. Also said there have been several vehicles that have gone through the ice in the area.

Participant

🙂

Stayed at Boomers and the rooms are clean and the price reasonable. They have older section, cabins (in town) and you cant go wrong. They have kitchens in room if you want to prep your own meals. Good Luck fishing. Oh, and you can pull up right outside your room, which makes loading and unloading your gear a breeze. robbie

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

We’ve stayed at Lynn Lake Lodge the last couple of years, and it’s outstanding. Highly recommended.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.