Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Waubay, SD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

It’s been several years ago now but my dad and I waterfowl hunted Bitter lake the last week in October we stayed at a place in Waubay that had been converted from an “old folks” home into a quasi hunting lodge on the south side of town. I am looking at a ice fishing trip this year and wondered if anyone has ran across this place and it’s still there or if there is anything in the area that you would recommend. Thanks for any input!

WidowmakerWidowmaker
    Participant

We stayed at Lynn Lake Lodge last winter, and are planning on doing it again this winter. Excellent experience. Just northwest of Waubay. Highly recommended.

Participant

We stayed in Grenville (north on Waubay Lake). The owners of the gas station owns several houses in Grenville and rent them out farily cheap ($25/person/night – might vary on how many people you have). Very nice folks and good customer service. No big thrills with the house but it was warm and clean. They also have a heated fish cleaning hut which is a plus. Here is their website: http://waubaylakelodging.com/

We are going back up in a few weeks for the fall walleye bite and again this Janurary for the jumbo perch.

Participant

I believe the place your looking for is called Get Away Lodge. It’s a pretty nice place with good rates the last time we stayed there. Lynn lake lodge is also good as widow maker said. Good luck!

Get Away Lodge is the one. Thanks wally71! Cant beat the rates and it’s in a good location as well. I have to get up there fishing. When we were duck hunting Waubay that year during the end of October there were several boats slamming the walleye and perch.

cowboycowboy
    Participant

2nd for Lynn Lake Lodge. Went there for several years with my Dad and a large group, Paul and Karen are great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.