Home Forums Hunting Waterfowling waterfowl gun

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What ever gun you decide to buy, don’t settle. When I bought my SBE right out of college I was also looking at a used Montefeltro (wish I had both now :mrgreen: ) and a buddy said “Buy the gun you have always wanted, you will be happier in the long run.” He was 100%true. If you need to save another month or two to get the one you want do that.

Participant

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

What ever gun you decide to buy, don’t settle. When I bought my SBE right out of college I was also looking at a used Montefeltro (wish I had both now :mrgreen: ) and a buddy said “Buy the gun you have always wanted, you will be happier in the long run.” He was 100%true. If you need to save another month or two to get the one you want do that.

I am really liking the Benelli Ethos and have handled it at some of the local sporting good stores. Simply a beautiful and functional shotgun that is like an engineered piece of art in your hands. Only problem is it costs in the vicinity of $1,800-1,900!!! 😮

Participant

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Quote by: TeamAsgrow

I am really liking the Benelli Ethos and have handled it at some of the local sporting good stores. Simply a beautiful and functional shotgun that is like an engineered piece of art in your hands. Only problem is it costs in the vicinity of $1,800-1,900!!! 😮

I am more partial towards the Ultra light but I would sure “settle” for a Montefeltro in 20 ga.

3.5 tens3.5 tens
    Participant

Every gun I own is for waterfowl hunting, and each play a part to the type of hunting (waterfowl) over/under, (Browning 3.5) 870 Rem special field sweet swinging over/under 10 gauge. the new A5 is my latest and it is a SA WEET gun!
    So…………any gun if you like the way it handles 😀

"I have always had a soft spot in my heart for marshes. They challenge me to come and look. Their capacity for mothering wild life is far greater than the drier uplands, no matter how beautiful they may be. It seems to me that no man is closer to the beginning of things and the eternal motherhood of the outdoors than when he is familiar with a marsh."

CedarStorm1975CedarStorm1975
    Participant

Quote by: 3.5+tens

Every gun I own is for waterfowl hunting, and each play a part to the type of hunting (waterfowl) over/under, (Browning 3.5) 870 Rem special field sweet swinging over/under 10 gauge. the new A5 is my latest and it is a SA WEET gun!
    So…………any gun if you like the way it handles 😀

Aside from my mossberg, if I have considered getting a Stoeger over/under for layout blind hunting for simplicity….and I rarely ever fire off a third shot at a flock of geese/ducks. By that point they have hit the afterburners and are on their way out of ethical range (for my shooting ability). I’ve never shot a triple…I’m not that great of a shot, haha. OH, and another gun I wouldn’t mind having is a Browning BPS 10 gauge for late season geese.

Participant

I bought my son a quite a few years ago a Remington 887. He has shot a lot of shells through it without fail and it shoots 3.5 inch shells. Not spendy at all. It has been a good gun for him and he uses it for everyting except deer.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.