Home Forums Hunting Firearms WARNING- Stag Arms

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Also, I know of another person in the group buy that got paid back in stripped receivers. I think he got 6-8 of them.

Participant

Quick update…

Stag rep called me, explained situation, and confirmed that only the Stag 9L (LH) was impacted by the issue. They have been testing changes without any luck for the past several weeks, and have not had any luck resolving the issue. This is ironic as they are the only manufacturer to produce true LH AR style rifles and this is their bread and butter. The rep apologized for the lack of communication, and they made things right and maybe kept a customer. 😉

I originally purchased a Stag 9L (LH) Tactical with Magpul furniture, Stag 15 quad rail upgrade, 3- 30 round mags, and hard case for $799.

Stag has agreed to build and deliver the following in 2 weeks…

Stag 9 Tactical (RH) with Magpul furniture, Stag 15 quad rail, 3-30 round mags, and an ambi safety and charging handle ($84 upgrade) for no extra cost. Total for the order remains $799. The Stag 9 Tactical lists for $1229.99 and is currently on sale for $924.99. As a result, I am satisfied with the exchange although it will be a right hand eject rifle.

The rep apologized again at the end of our conversation, and i am satisfied with the trade off. I am happy they made it right, and hopefully they are getting their crap together.

Participant

Guess it pays to bellyache.
    😆

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Too many times we get upset and trash stores, manufacturers or even fellow sportsmen and never hear of any resolution. Thanks for the update and glad it’s working out for you.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

You must not remember the group buy thread on this site. It was like Tolstoy told your story. It was awesome. It drug out for like a year. Or more, or maybe less, Idk. It was a really long time.

That was epic. I go back and dig that one out every now and then for a good read.

Participant

I ordered two LPKs from Stag on Thanksgiving and just received them last week. Communication was none existent from Stag but I really didnt’ care because I got the parts really cheap. Found out that the talk was Stag oversold on the Thanksgiving sale and couldn’t keep up with orders. When you’re dealing with sales or special stuff sometimes you have to wait.

Participant

Quote by: CRIA1576

Quick update…

Stag rep called me, explained situation, and confirmed that only the Stag 9L (LH) was impacted by the issue. They have been testing changes without any luck for the past several weeks, and have not had any luck resolving the issue. This is ironic as they are the only manufacturer to produce true LH AR style rifles and this is their bread and butter. The rep apologized for the lack of communication, and they made things right and maybe kept a customer. 😉

I originally purchased a Stag 9L (LH) Tactical with Magpul furniture, Stag 15 quad rail upgrade, 3- 30 round mags, and hard case for $799.

Stag has agreed to build and deliver the following in 2 weeks…

Stag 9 Tactical (RH) with Magpul furniture, Stag 15 quad rail, 3-30 round mags, and an ambi safety and charging handle ($84 upgrade) for no extra cost. Total for the order remains $799. The Stag 9 Tactical lists for $1229.99 and is currently on sale for $924.99. As a result, I am satisfied with the exchange although it will be a right hand eject rifle.

The rep apologized again at the end of our conversation, and i am satisfied with the trade off. I am happy they made it right, and hopefully they are getting their crap together.

Rock River makes a left or am I wrong.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=547

EDIT: my bad. I didn’t realize that 9L meant 9 mm.

CCACCA
    Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Too many times we get upset and trash stores, manufacturers or even fellow sportsmen and never hear of any resolution. Thanks for the update and glad it’s working out for you.

i find myself in agreement with llewllinsetter once or twice a decade ordinarily, and here we are aligned multiple times in a single thread. i may run right out and snag some lotto tickets…

"I thought I trusted the rope until it mattered to me whether it would bear me. Now it matters, and I find I didn't..." - C.S. "Jack" Lewis - A Grief Observed

CCACCA
    Participant

Quote by: dkwolf

Quote by: Mr.Seaguar

You must not remember the group buy thread on this site. It was like Tolstoy told your story. It was awesome. It drug out for like a year. Or more, or maybe less, Idk. It was a really long time.

That was epic. I go back and dig that one out every now and then for a good read.

i’ve done about 8 or 10 group buys in my time for others. maybe closer to a dozen if i searched back far enough… i remember the whole time before i was a member here jumping in just to read those comments… wowsers… talk about an old fashioned butt burning…

in all seriousness though, i’m glad the outcome appears to be on track.

i don’t know how things work at stag, but when i’m slammed i don’t answer the phone or open emails. i’m forced to make a choice – take care of the customers in the pipe by getting their stuff done, or yap on the blower, and i can’t do both… sometimes patience is what we need.

"I thought I trusted the rope until it mattered to me whether it would bear me. Now it matters, and I find I didn't..." - C.S. "Jack" Lewis - A Grief Observed

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: CCA

Quote by: llewellinsetter

i find myself in agreement with llewllinsetter once or twice a decade ordinarily, and here we are aligned multiple times in a single thread. i may run right out and snag some lotto tickets…

If we would ALL slow down and think about it, we probably ALL agree more often than not. Perspective is everything. 😀

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

14 days? I’d just let it go. Take a breath and get on slickguns or gun.deals.

Participant

RH gun should be delivered to my FFL today.

Bung- To clarify, the original ETA was 5 weeks. I complained to Stag on week 9, or approximately 28 days after the gun was expected. Stag did their best to make it right, and i will pick up the replacement rifle on Thursday ahead of their 2 week estimate.

Participant

Quick update…

I picked up the Stag 9L Tactical from my FFL yesterday. The RH gun came with the ambi safety and charging bar and well as Quad rail fore-end installed as agreed with the Stag rep. It also came with one 30 round magazine and the 3-30 round mag bundle as originally ordered. It shipped in a hard plastic case with breech block, trigger lock, and documentation.

Stag called me last week when the gun shipped and again on Tuesday when it was supposed to arrive. They also called last night to confirm that the gun I picked up was as expected and that the order was fulfilled to my 100% satisfaction.

Last night I mounted Magpul MBus flip-up front and rear sights and i plan to get out and shoot it out back this weekend.

Stag has totally redeemed themselves in my eyes and retained a customer. Hopefully this was just a small bump in the road for them and that they continue producing these high quality rifles.

Participant

I have to agree with others on this. It seems they are doing everything they can. Personally I would be happy that they recognized an issue and are working to fix it. That’s a lot better than getting something that doesn’t work right or even worse is down right dangerous. I’d say count your blessings they just didn’t ship it out, that sounds like a pretty responsible company to me and you are just being a little bit of an over zealous consumer. Give them a break, either let them make it right or collect your refund and move on.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.