Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Wanted my fish

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I took a nice saugeye to fin and fur allmost 2 years ago payed over 500$ dont have my fish he wont take my calls. what would you guys do ? Does anyone no james hall i need help .No more run a round i want my fish my $ and a # to a Good Taxidemist You can see pic under nice eye 2 in fishing forum. thanks

Participant

ums/x460/karl3046/DSCF0009.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”>

Participant

Thats Unfortunate, I would find the guy in person and ask him personally. I know thats better said than done sometime. If he doesn’t have the mount and won’t give back the money take him to small claims court, there is still the possibility even after all that you’ll still be out your $500. Sorry to hear about your luck man and I know where not to take any of my mounts.

Participant

What area is this? Wonder if he is any relation to Todd Hall….? I had a bit of througle with a Todd Hall years back… not this much though…

bigbuck31ptbigbuck31pt
    Participant

You can file a report on-line with the BBB. I did that because of problems with a travel agent and after the BBB contacted her she paid me right away. Worth a try.

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

Participant

I have to agree with other the other guys, actually go in and ask for it back. It’s your property and he has to give it back to you. I work for a taxidermist and we do great work on fish, but I won’t plug it here. I looked up fin and fur and that looks like it’s way on the east side of the state and we work on the west side. What I will tell you is to look at recent work the taxidermist has done, look over lots of pictures critically. Don’t just look at how big the fish was or similar things. What you need to do is look at the detail put into it. I have had to help repair many terrible fish that were painted incorrectly, given the wrong type of eyes, mounted with no scales on the fish… the list goes on. If you want the fish to look good, chances are it will cost you a little big of money and will take some time. Don’t just go with the cheapest or fastest guy. If they’re that quick, chances are there’s a reason behind it.

Participant

That sounds like my experience with Tony’s taxidermy in storm lake. Took him a tropy wild russian boar, paid for it and still didn’t have it after pushing him for 4 years to get it. I finally told him I would like to take it somewhere else and I wanted it back and he gave it to me but the thing was so rotten it could no longer be mounted. I feel for ya.

Participant

Thanks guys will be in cr mon door knocking

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

What are you guys doing paying for taxidermy before it’s done?! I have had 3 mounts done and never paid a dime till it was in my hands. That’s like building a house and paying a contractor before he even digs the hole! I would definately go back and demand the animal back and my money. Then find somebody that will do the work BEFORE asking for money.

Participant

Quote by: medicdano

What are you guys doing paying for taxidermy before it’s done?! I have had 3 mounts done and never paid a dime till it was in my hands. That’s like building a house and paying a contractor before he even digs the hole! I would definately go back and demand the animal back and my money. Then find somebody that will do the work BEFORE asking for money.

I’m by no means a frequent user of taxidermy, however of the few I’ve had, I’ve always paid a deposit.

Participant

I agree you should have to pay some deposit, but $500 sounds like it was paid in full

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

Quote by: Skittles

I agree you should have to pay some deposit, but $500 sounds like it was paid in full

X2. Deposit would not be out of line.

Participant

X2 on Tonys! I took a woodduck there 5 years ago and have never seen it, buddy took 2 walleyes there and has never seen them since.

Quote by: Coonsqualler

That sounds like my experience with Tony’s taxidermy in storm lake. Took him a tropy wild russian boar, paid for it and still didn’t have it after pushing him for 4 years to get it. I finally told him I would like to take it somewhere else and I wanted it back and he gave it to me but the thing was so rotten it could no longer be mounted. I feel for ya.

Participant

Any work I have had done, taxidermist asks for half of total cost up front. 6 month turnaround.

I would go back and get fish with $$$$$ back.

Participant

Paying the entire cost up front is extremely risky, but asking someone to work for nothing is completely out of line as well. Too many times people think they have something special and want us to mount it just so they can see it done, then maybe return to look at it on our shop wall once a year. That’s why most people ask for a 50% deposit when you bring work in, just in case someone is a jerk on either side of deal. It’s by far the safest way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.