Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Want to join a coyote hunting group in Ames IA area?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: scruffy

Bump! B)

Did you ever get any responses????

Maybe some pictures from truck hunts, so people know what they’re missing. TGK and sawdusts group had a ton of great pics from last winter if I remember right?

one of my favorites, passing it on to the next generation

Sawdust dropped the hammer on one that day

Pics from “roadrunners-1, coyotes-3” post last march.

later,
    scruffy

Yeah those little buggers are always asking me when we are going coyote hunting. Team “Roadrunners” will be after them soon, and hopefully will have some pics and storys to share.
    Hope you find some good guys to join your group Ruger. It sure is a blast.

Participant

Love seeing pics of youth out there!

Participant

I’m officially on holiday break until after the new year. Now that I am on break and ready to get after some coyotes and get this new group going; where is our snow?
    Seriously, what else could get in the way of trying to get this group up and running together.
    Kind of hard to hunt them without snow, but I have done it before. I plan on hitting them hard coming up here snow or no snow the day after Xmas.

Those of you that responded with interest in this hunting group, thanks a lot. I will be sending you all out an email fairly soon trying to coordinate our first attempt at coyote hunting together. Between now and then, hit the gravel and try to acquire some good property.

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays to Iowa Predator Sportsman!

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

Good luck Ruger!!!

I’m hoping for some snow also, wanting to do some more spot and stalking this winter. 😈

Seems we’ve been getting an inch of rain every few weeks and dry in between. If that holds true in January, we should get a good foot in one shot, and it should stick around a while. Time will tell.

later,
    scruffy

Participant

I wouldjion your hunting gruop if you were closer to Aplington. I lost all my hunting land when I moved down here ayear ago.

Participant

I just got my new AR sighted in, but am in the Sioux City area. Need to get some coyote hunting started around here.

Participant

So I am in Ames and looking at buying a new tote gun. Can’t decide on. 223 or .17 any thoughts?

Participant

Plenty of other threads on this. I would stay away from the .17 for yotes.

Participant

If that is what you narrowed it down to….223. Personally, I would investigate the .204 or 22-250 myself. As you can see by my call name, you know which direction I went.

Participant

Monday, the 26th. I will be heading out to get my second coyote of the season. Those of you in the Ames area that want to join in shoot me a pm and I can give you my phone number and cb channel I will be on.

Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas!

Keymaster

Sign me up!

I would definitely be interested, this group sounds like a great idea! I live in ames and will be back in town free after new years. All i got for a rifle is a .22 mag but i also got some #4 buck i’m itching to shoot too 😈

Participant

I live in Adel and would love to get involved in this with you. I live in town, so I have no property unless we hunt the “ferrel” cats that roam the neighborhood. Wish their was an open season on those things. This is my first year coyote hunting, just trying to go out and call, but I would be very interested in another way.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Lee

Participant

I live in Adel and would love to get involved in this with you. I live in town, so I have no property unless we hunt the “ferrel” cats that roam the neighborhood. Wish their was an open season on those things. This is my first year coyote hunting, just trying to go out and call, but I would be very interested in another way.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Lee

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.