Home Forums Hunting Firearms WALMART

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: mhock

Quote by: scherrman

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Sould the students that are raising hell, (and rightfully so) in Parkland be silenced until they are 21? How can they have a voice or exercise their 1st Ammendment RIGHT until the are old enough to handle it?

Driving a car isn’t a right.

Until those students pay their own way and come up with their own ideas instead of being pawns of the media elite and liberal educators they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote. The very idea that we should be taking advice from a kid that’s never even taken a civics class is absurd.

Is there a minimum age stated in the Constitution? Also I don’t disagree some students are being used as pawns, but I have also seen students on both sides of the issues being discussed in here lately.

To vote? Yes, it’s there for a reason.
    To be a functioning member of society that pays their own way, isn’t easily manipulated, has had a basic education and understanding on government, civics, history etc., no. If you can’t see the idea of a group of 13-17 year old kids influencing policy as a bad thing you are falling into the trap that’s being laid out.

You should go out and conduct a poll on how many adults have a basic understanding on government, civics, history, etc… I think you’re going to be very saddened by how many adults know absolutely nothing yet are able to vote. They either never knew it in the first place or they forgotten what they had learned long ago. I wouldn’t be surprised that many more kids in school know more about these subjects than a lot of adults since it’s fresh in their mind.

I don’t know if you have kids or not but they are smarter than you give them credit for. They may lack many of the life experiences that we have but they’re not stupid. They know much more than we did at their age.

They have been taught things, yes, that doesn’t mean they know anything. I would almost guarantee you what they have been taught is nothing close to the curriculum that I was taught. I am 46 years old, and help my kids with homework all the time. I have a son who is 20, one that will be 18 in 3 weeks, and a 14 year old daughter. Every one of them is smart, but in terms of how the world works, they know nothing. That doesn’t mean I don’t listen to them.

You listen to them yet you say they shouldn’t have freedom of speech on a national level. What you said before seemed very wrong and basically denied them their right to freedom of speech.

I have been saying the exact opposite. Not sure where you are coming from here?

My apologies. I was thinking of llewellinsetter. Sorry for the confusion.

Participant

The way that I see it is that if tan 18yr old can go and defend the country and the constitution then they should be able to purchase any firearm that they want to defend themselves when they are back on the soil of the US. Raising the age to purchase firearm is just a bunch of bull that the liberals are using to do something because they are but hurt because everything that they have tried has failed. And if people don’t realize that these kids are being used for pushing the lefts agenda then they are the ones that have their heads in a hole. You can’t take and interpret each amendment of the constitution differently. Otherwise you will have opened a big can of worms. And everything will have to be looked at. Also if you have to be 21 to buy a firearm then they should not be able to vote until they are 21. Fare is fare. And the left will not let that happen. I guess the reason that I feel this way is because I just had a son return from deployment and he has been over defending our freedoms that are being destroyed right here in front of us. And do you really think that this will stop any of this from happening again. Cause It won’t. We need to protect our kids and schools like we protect our money. But that won’t happen because the schools and colleges keep turning out people that can’t think for themselves. And then the parents don’t teach the kids right from wrong. So how are they going to know how to handle adversaries when they come up. We have allowed the kids these days to be sheltered and not have their feelings hurt from a young age. I feel it has started when they were in sports. By not keeping score and giving them participation awards. There are a lot of them that have not been told NO and parents are always giving in to what the kids want because the parents are afraid of hurting their kids feelings. You know what tell them NO and make them accountable for their actions. Stop making excuses for them. It will make them better adults. Finally if you think that they will stop at the raising the age to 21yrs old YOU are messed up in the head. Because what do you think they will want the next time something happens. OPEN YOUR DANG EYES.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Are the rights under the constitution only bestowed upon legal voters? I don’t think so.

What do rights have to do with anything? My kids have rights but they don’t have the rights, wisdom, knowledge or means to dictate decisions in my household let alone National policy. Is it really so hard to separate this stuff?

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Are the rights under the constitution only bestowed upon legal voters? I don’t think so.

What do rights have to do with anything? My kids have rights but they don’t have the rights, wisdom, knowledge or means to dictate decisions in my household let alone National policy. Is it really so hard to separate this stuff?

What kids are making decisions on national policy? The kids are voicing opinions and as adults it’s our responsibility to listen and make policies. No kids are making policies but their input can be used to help adults make those policies.

Participant

Finished that up with yet another condescending comment, I see… Children possess rights. It is debatable if children possess the wisdom, knowledge and means to dictate household decisions and/or National policy, because this is determined by the individual child AND by the adults allowing themselves to be, or to not be, influenced by said children. Adults that are in control of making household decisions and/or National policy.

JefroJefro
    Participant

Quote by: rericsson

Heard corporate Walmart will be raising the age to buy ALL FIREARMS to 21 years of age. Personally I think they are at least DOING SOMETHING as opposed to Congress that creates a committee, then talks it to death at taxpayer expense. What do you think will happen if Cabelas and Bass Pro follow suit and raise the age 21 on all firearms?

Maybe not a bad idea.

Will this stop stupid from killing people, not likely, but it may be a more reasonable age to purchase a firearm. Other retailers could jump on board, because Walmart has alot of influence.

I applaud Dicks CEO for his move to ban the AR-15. In most Americans minds this assault rifle is for killing people and not taking down big game. Robbie

I honestly just can’t figure you guys out anymore. I’m shaking my head in disbelief that a sportsman would ever applaud any firearm getting banned.

FYI, have you seen the “AW” ban that 160 Democrats in the US house support? Their definition of an “assault weapon” is pretty much any semi auto handgun, rifle or shotgun.

F’ing pathetic…

Participant

Jefro-

Thank you for the post and I could not agree more. I should have added one more to the list of 50 things all Iowa Sportsman should know how to do. Maybe something like the following…

“Stand up for the rights of all hunters, shooters, and sportsmen without bowing to misinformed popular opinion and groupthink…”

JefroJefro
    Participant

Exactly. I don’t participate in most of the things guys do that populate this site. I get the scatter gun out a few times a year to shoot a ditch chicken or two, and try to catch a catfish or two also during the summer.

But by God, if you guys bring to attention an issue with deer harvests, dove hunting, trapping with snares, whatever, I make my calls and write my letters because we are a brotherhood that is declining in numbers. WE need to stand up for another.

Some of the posters are just tools that simply stir the pot. If I still had my ban hammer, they’d be gone simply due to principal. To see our own backstabbing us simply because they have what they need and don’t see why anyone else would want an AR or whatever, is disheartening at best and just straight up pathetic as I mentioned earlier.

I’ve tried to explain the whole AW thing before but it literally goes in one ear and bounces off their thick head. I don’t know if it’s an age thing or what, but it’s a hard enough fight against the anti gunners without having to constantly be watching our backs for fear of a brother sticking it to us.

I’m about to celebrate being on this site for 15 years. I’ve never seen the membership in such a dismal state.

JefroJefro
    Participant

What kids are making decisions on national policy? The kids are voicing opinions and as adults it’s our responsibility to listen and make policies. No kids are making policies but their input can be used to help adults make those policies.

Once the kids make the connection that most school shooters ARE THEIR FRIENDS, and not the NRA, maybe I’ll listen to them.

coopcoop
    Participant

I am just asking because I don’t know. Can a store that holds an FFL license legally not sell you a gun based on your age (18 vs 21) if federal law states that you may purchase the gun legally? Would that be age discrimination?

Participant

Quote by: coop

I am just asking because I don’t know. Can a store that holds an FFL license legally not sell you a gun based on your age (18 vs 21) if federal law states that you may purchase the gun legally? Would that be age discrimination?

This is America, they can do it even if it isn’t legal. Then you can sue them.

Walmart used to scan your ID to buy ammo. That policy quietly disappeared, my guess is that this may too.

Participant

Quote by: CRIA1576

Jefro-

Thank you for the post and I could not agree more. I should have added one more to the list of 50 things all Iowa Sportsman should know how to do. Maybe something like the following…

“Stand up for the rights of all hunters, shooters, and sportsmen without bowing to misinformed popular opinion and groupthink…”

This says it all!!! Nothing to add to that.

A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Teddy Roosevelt

Participant

Quote by: CRIA1576

Jefro-

I get what you are saying but the 2nd Amendment was not intended for hunters, shooters and sportsmen so that’s not what you should be standing up for. It for defending ourselves and that’s about it.

Participant

Quote by: Jefro

Exactly. I don’t participate in most of the things guys do that populate this site. I get the scatter gun out a few times a year to shoot a ditch chicken or two, and try to catch a catfish or two also during the summer.

But by God, if you guys bring to attention an issue with deer harvests, dove hunting, trapping with snares, whatever, I make my calls and write my letters because we are a brotherhood that is declining in numbers. WE need to stand up for another.

Some of the posters are just tools that simply stir the pot. If I still had my ban hammer, they’d be gone simply due to principal. To see our own backstabbing us simply because they have what they need and don’t see why anyone else would want an AR or whatever, is disheartening at best and just straight up pathetic as I mentioned earlier.

I’ve tried to explain the whole AW thing before but it literally goes in one ear and bounces off their thick head. I don’t know if it’s an age thing or what, but it’s a hard enough fight against the anti gunners without having to constantly be watching our backs for fear of a brother sticking it to us.

I’m about to celebrate being on this site for 15 years. I’ve never seen the membership in such a dismal state.

Thanks for your efforts supporting all Iowa Sportsmen and women, Jefro!

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: IowaSportsmanGuy

Quote by: coop

This is America, they can do it even if it isn’t legal. Then you can sue them.

Let me get this straight, you’re saying that a store that sells firearms is OBLIGATED by law to sell you one because you are old enough to buy one?

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.