Home Forums Hunting Firearms WALMART

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Quote by: BrownItsDown

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Quote by: mhock

Sould the students that are raising hell, (and rightfully so) in Parkland be silenced until they are 21? How can they have a voice or exercise their 1st Ammendment RIGHT until the are old enough to handle it?

Driving a car isn’t a right.

Until those students pay their own way and come up with their own ideas instead of being pawns of the media elite and liberal educators they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote. The very idea that we should be taking advice from a kid that’s never even taken a civics class is absurd.

WOW!!! This one takes the cake llewellinsetter.

…they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote.

Keep solidifying just how out of touch with reality you are.

As adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child.

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

So let me get this straight, I’m out of touch because I don’t think we should be manipulating and parading kids to push an agenda or that I don’t think children should be dictating our Constitutional policies? Ya, that makes sense. I’ll tell you what, you don’t seem to understand anything I have to say, nor are willing to think past a superficial emotional level so either refute this argument or kick the can down the road.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

I support any business’s right to stop carrying specific merchandise, altogether.

However, I do not support stores placing additional restrictions on the merchandise that they sell, above and beyond current law. If current law states that I can legally purchase a firearm at the age of 18 within a specific geographical location, (country, state, county, district, etc.), no store operating within that geographical location should be able to tack on additional requirements.

Example: I’m 21, and the legal age for buying alcohol in my area is 21. A store next to me should not have the right to refuse selling me alcohol because they have a store policy that states they don’t sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 30. Alcohol is a product that they sell, but they refuse to sell it to a legal 21 year old, because of their personal company policy. This, I believe, is teetering on the edge of discrimination, if not, is full blown discrimination.

So, I absolutely do not support any business (Walmart) that raises the minimum age required to purchase firearms from 18 to 21, as a company policy.

Participant

So the original point of this thread deals with raising the age to PURCHASE firearms from one particular store. It does nothing to keep an 18 year old from possessing a gun. Is this the case with the talk in D.C.? Has the verbage been on purchase only and not possession?

Participant

Sould the students that are raising hell, (and rightfully so) in Parkland be silenced until they are 21? How can they have a voice or exercise their 1st Ammendment RIGHT until the are old enough to handle it?

Until those students pay their own way and come up with their own ideas instead of being pawns of the media elite and liberal educators they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote. The very idea that we should be taking advice from a kid that’s never even taken a civics class is absurd.

As adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child.

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

So let me get this straight, I’m out of touch because I don’t think we should be manipulating and parading kids to push an agenda or that I don’t think children should be dictating our Constitutional policies? Ya, that makes sense. I’ll tell you what, you don’t seem to understand anything I have to say, nor are willing to think past a superficial emotional level so either refute this argument or kick the can down the road.

With your

statement… Yepper, you’re like batshit crazy dude. You are blatantly stating that the voices of children, under the legal voting age, should not be heard. I didn’t take your comment out of context either. Feel free to refute… LMAO

Again, as adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child.

Adults pass legislation, not children.

Participant

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

Why are you so certain all of these kids are being manipulated? I agree that some are and both sides are doing it, it’s not just the Liberals. Where I find this logic to be flawed is that adults are manipulated just as much as kids. It may be easier to manipulate kids but all you’ve got to do is throw some money at adults and you’ve them in your pocket. Our politicians are manipulated all the time.

Participant

Let’s see. A military member home from an Afghan deployment would need a parent with to purchase? Couldn?t this be considered a ‘straw man’ purchase. These merchants need take a deeeeep breath.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

With your

statement… Yepper, you’re like batshit crazy dude. You are blatantly stating that the voices of children, under the legal voting age, should not be heard. I didn’t take your comment out of context either. Feel free to refute… LMAO

Again, as adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child.

As usual, you are not saying anything that contributes to the discussion. You are angrily saying the same thing over and over, that I”m “batshit crazy”, because I say it’s absurd to listen to kids on policy or that we shouldn’t parade them for an agenda. All you do is yell and scream and hope someone see’s you point, but you never offer any explanation of that point. You do realize there’s a reason that kids can’t vote right?

Tell me WHY, we should listen to kids when it comes to Constitutional policy or why we should use kids to push an agenda.

As for the original post, I like that Walmart has proactive in their decision making process. I don’t agree or disagree with their stance, it’s a free country and people have a right to run their business as they see fit. I’m guessing a lot of it comes from a liability issue and a CYA procedure but it’s their right and exercising their rights is why this country exists. We don’t have to agree with everyone on everything to function. The sooner we get back to remembering this the sooner we can repair a lot of the damage in this country.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Blocked

Quote by: kenhump

Let’s see. A military member home from an Afghan deployment would need a parent with to purchase? Couldn?t this be considered a ‘straw man’ purchase. These merchants need take a deeeeep breath.

Or they could go to Scheels, Cabelas, the LGS etc., that’s the beauty of all of this. Freedom to choose.

Blocked

Is there a minimum age stated in the Constitution? Also I don’t disagree some students are being used as pawns, but I have also seen students on both sides of the issues being discussed in here lately.

To vote? Yes, it’s there for a reason.
    To be a functioning member of society that pays their own way, isn’t easily manipulated, has had a basic education and understanding on government, civics, history etc., no. If you can’t see the idea of a group of 13-17 year old kids influencing policy as a bad thing you are falling into the trap that’s being laid out.

Participant

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

With your

As usual, you are not saying anything that contributes to the discussion. You are angrily saying the same thing over and over, that I”m “batshit crazy”, because I say it’s absurd to listen to kids on policy or that we shouldn’t parade them for an agenda. All you do is yell and scream and hope someone see’s you point, but you never offer any explanation of that point. You do realize there’s a reason that kids can’t vote right?

Tell me WHY, we should listen to kids when it comes to Constitutional policy or why we should use kids to push an agenda.

As for the original post, I like that Walmart has proactive in their decision making process. I don’t agree or disagree with their stance, it’s a free country and people have a right to run their business as they see fit. I’m guessing a lot of it comes from a liability issue and a CYA procedure but it’s their right and exercising their rights is why this country exists. We don’t have to agree with everyone on everything to function. The sooner we get back to remembering this the sooner we can repair a lot of the damage in this country.

You can back-pedal all you want, it’s not changing your original statement. All voices should be heard and listened to, including children. No-ones voice shall be denied. With that said, hearing and listening to children is not the same thing as allowing them to influence Constitutional policy.

Agendas are pushed all of the time by adults, kids and MSM alike. That’s not going to change. Adults need to be adults though, and not allow agendas to affect Constitutional policy.

I repeat myself with you, because I can’t state things any simpler than I’ve already stated them. It baffles me that you can’t grasp my words or simply choose to deny them and argue against them.

So, once again… Again, as adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child. Adults pass legislation, not children.

Participant

Is there a minimum age stated in the Constitution? Also I don’t disagree some students are being used as pawns, but I have also seen students on both sides of the issues being discussed in here lately.

To be a functioning member of society that pays their own way, isn’t easily manipulated, has had a basic education and understanding on government, civics, history etc., no. If you can’t see the idea of a group of 13-17 year old kids influencing policy as a bad thing you are falling into the trap that’s being laid out.

You should go out and conduct a poll on how many adults have a basic understanding on government, civics, history, etc… I think you’re going to be very saddened by how many adults know absolutely nothing yet are able to vote. They either never knew it in the first place or they forgotten what they had learned long ago. I wouldn’t be surprised that many more kids in school know more about these subjects than a lot of adults since it’s fresh in their mind.

I don’t know if you have kids or not but they are smarter than you give them credit for. They may lack many of the life experiences that we have but they’re not stupid. They know much more than we did at their age.

Participant

Quote by: scherrman

You should go out and conduct a poll on how many adults have a basic understanding on government, civics, history, etc… I think you’re going to be very saddened by how many adults know absolutely nothing yet are able to vote. They either never knew it in the first place or they forgotten what they had learned long ago. I wouldn’t be surprised that many more kids in school know more about these subjects than a lot of adults since it’s fresh in their mind.

I don’t know if you have kids or not but they are smarter than you give them credit for. They may lack many of the life experiences that we have but they’re not stupid. They know much more than we did at their age.

They have been taught things, yes, that doesn’t mean they know anything. I would almost guarantee you what they have been taught is nothing close to the curriculum that I was taught. I am 46 years old, and help my kids with homework all the time. I have a son who is 20, one that will be 18 in 3 weeks, and a 14 year old daughter. Every one of them is smart, but in terms of how the world works, they know nothing. That doesn’t mean I don’t listen to them.

Participant

They have been taught things, yes, that doesn’t mean they know anything. I would almost guarantee you what they have been taught is nothing close to the curriculum that I was taught. I am 46 years old, and help my kids with homework all the time. I have a son who is 20, one that will be 18 in 3 weeks, and a 14 year old daughter. Every one of them is smart, but in terms of how the world works, they know nothing. That doesn’t mean I don’t listen to them.

You listen to them yet you say they shouldn’t have freedom of speech on a national level. What you said before seemed very wrong and basically denied them their right to freedom of speech.

Participant

You listen to them yet you say they shouldn’t have freedom of speech on a national level. What you said before seemed very wrong and basically denied them their right to freedom of speech.

I have been saying the exact opposite. Not sure where you are coming from here?

Participant

Are the rights under the constitution only bestowed upon legal voters? I don’t think so.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.