Home Forums Hunting Firearms WALMART

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heard corporate Walmart will be raising the age to buy ALL FIREARMS to 21 years of age. Personally I think they are at least DOING SOMETHING as opposed to Congress that creates a committee, then talks it to death at taxpayer expense. What do you think will happen if Cabelas and Bass Pro follow suit and raise the age 21 on all firearms?

Maybe not a bad idea.

Will this stop stupid from killing people, not likely, but it may be a more reasonable age to purchase a firearm. Other retailers could jump on board, because Walmart has alot of influence.

I applaud Dicks CEO for his move to ban the AR-15. In most Americans minds this assault rifle is for killing people and not taking down big game. Robbie

Participant

The Wal-Mart thing doesn’t bother me as much as dicks since they didn’t make a big political statement about it. I think dicks knows they aren’t a player in the gun industry and they make their money selling ua and north face to soccer moms. Hopefully cabelas/ bps understand it’s not an age limit problem or a type of gun problem.

Participant

Changing the age for going in the service (military) to 21 too?

Participant

Quote by: Mengo

Exactly! Or bumping all recognized ‘Adult’ ages up from 18 to 21, in general.

Participant

Quote by: Mengo

I hear that argument a lot but it doesn’t hold much water. There’s a huge difference between an 18 year going into the military and an 18 year old going into Walmart to buy a gun. The person going into the military is going to have a lot more training than the person going to Walmart that requires zero training. If anyone is upset with that how about requiring all people to take a training course before they can buy a gun. We’re all required to take a class and pass an exam before we can drive.

Participant

Sould the students that are raising hell, (and rightfully so) in Parkland be silenced until they are 21? How can they have a voice or exercise their 1st Ammendment RIGHT until the are old enough to handle it?

Driving a car isn’t a right.

llewellinsetterllewellinsetter
    Blocked

Quote by: mhock

Sould the students that are raising hell, (and rightfully so) in Parkland be silenced until they are 21? How can they have a voice or exercise their 1st Ammendment RIGHT until the are old enough to handle it?

Until those students pay their own way and come up with their own ideas instead of being pawns of the media elite and liberal educators they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote. The very idea that we should be taking advice from a kid that’s never even taken a civics class is absurd.

Sarcasm entails a few things: one of them is intellect, another one is a sense of humor, and a third - not taking things too personally.

Participant

Then why have an age restriction on buying guns at all? I’m sorry but this is a very poor argument. Freedom of speech and the right to bear arms should be treated differently.

Participant

Quote by: llewellinsetter

Until those students pay their own way and come up with their own ideas instead of being pawns of the media elite and liberal educators they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote. The very idea that we should be taking advice from a kid that’s never even taken a civics class is absurd.

Is there a minimum age stated in the Constitution? Also I don’t disagree some students are being used as pawns, but I have also seen students on both sides of the issues being discussed in here lately.

Participant

Is this really what you want our country to turn into? This is not the only group of teenagers that have had a voice over the years. Should teenagers in the past been silenced as well?

Participant

The older we get the less the youth knows.

Participant

Different amendments should be treated differently. That is the dumbest thing I’ve heard today. But then again I imagine your not done posting.

Participant

Quote by: rlcrouse

Different amendments should be treated differently. That is the dumbest thing I’ve heard today. But then again I imagine your not done posting.

Why do these discussions always have to turn into bashing other posters? Why can’t it just be a decent discussion? If they are to all be treated exactly the same then why should there be any age restriction on buying a gun? Why should there be an age restriction on freedom of speech? To me it’s common sense but apparently I am dumb.

Participant

Don’t forget about being responsible enough to vote either.

Participant

WOW!!! This one takes the cake llewellinsetter.

…they should definitely be silenced until they are at least old enough to vote.

Keep solidifying just how out of touch with reality you are.

As adults, we take the responsibility upon ourselves for ascertaining what we take as sound advice and what we disregard as the rantings of a child.

WOW!!! Just, WOW!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.