Home Forums Hunting Upland Game vests?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know if orange vests come with gauge specific shell loops?
    I don’t know if my old one is just that stretched out that my 20 gauge shells
    fall out or if it was made for 12,s?

Participant

It was likely made for 12s, but those pockets do stretch.

Participant

Ya, the elastic/cloth get loose. I have an ancient vest I could put motor rounds in.

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

Find one of the tube fed vests, they have gauge specific inserts for the tube ends. I think some days I lose more shells than I shoot with those elastic loops! 😯

Participant

ya wondered. As much as I hunt anymore I could prolly just put 2 in the gun and two in my
    hip pocket and be good.

d00buckd00buck
    Participant

😆

I hear ya, been on the same box of shells for 3 yrs now! This is the one I have-

http://4discountbrands.com/sale/1639W/

Participant

Quote by: d00buck

Find one of the tube fed vests, they have gauge specific inserts for the tube ends. I think some days I lose more shells than I shoot with those elastic loops! 😯

I’ve always been curious about those, and how easy they are to use.

WhipWhip
    Participant

Had the same problem with my old vest. Over time you could pack a can of pop in the holders. I bought a new Columbia vest about 8 years ago with the plastic tubes that works great.

Whip

Participant

Ask if you can borrow the wife�s thread injector to throw down a few stitches and tighten up them pockets or retire the old boy.

Participant

Good idea chili.She has a few of those down in what used to be a basement but is now a quilting room.
    She says that sewing and quilting are two different things. Who knew! She quilts but apparently doesn’t sew.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.