Home Forums Hunting Predator/Varmint Hunting Using my lab as a decoy

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

A small game license IS a hunting license, regs don’t refer to it as a “small game” license though.

Up
    Down

WOW ❗ ❗ Why does it always come to yelling around here :question: Merlin nailed it; a “hunting license” is AKA a small game license. I seem to remember it used to be called that in the regs but i may be thinking of somewhere else. As for the decoy thing with the dog, that would seem to be a stretch as they are not the same species and the lab is not a wild animal. Will send a letter to the DNR about that one. If true then you can’t shoot a coyote out back of your place if you have a dog or if I’m bird hunting and a coyote comes after my dog I can’t kill it?????? :question: Pretty gray area there…………

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: merlin

A small game license IS a hunting license, regs don’t refer to it as a “small game” license though.

Well thats just abosolutely retarded that I have to buy a SMALL GAME LICENSE to hunt deer!! I call it how the regs state it thats all I know! If the regs dont call it that then that aint what it is! 😆

Participant
    Up
    Down

Monsterboy, you are wrong. End of story. A coyote or groundhog may be hunted with either a ‘Hunting’ license or a ‘Furbearers’ license. End of story. 👿

Participant
    Up
    Down

Monsterboy, after reading and rereading the entire thread. You are arguing with yourself. Everyone including you seems to know the law. It’s just that a few people have worded things a little differently and there’s been some confusion. Please reread the thread and I think you’ll see what I’m saying. The calling people “bro” and the all caps directed at someone in your first month, will not gain respect very quick. If your not sure what someone means then just politely ask.

Not try to get your feathers ruffled so don’t take it wrong. I just posted because an arguement inwhich everyone actually agrees has hijacked poor bowhunter87’s story. That’s not respectful to him. Thanks.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Got to love the retards that are proud of being retarded!! You try and tell them and they still keep making themselves look like an ass!! If people would just stop and listen to what you are saying sometimes and not to what they they are thinking in that tiny little brain of theirs they would be much better off. But sometimes if NATURAL SELECTION just runs its course everything gets better.

Up
    Down

I don’t want to drag this out but the DNR did reply so i’ll post what they said:

Thank you for using the Iowa DNR website. The only time you cannot have a dog on
    public hunting areas is between March 15 and July 15 each year. A dog may be used
    when coyote hunting. There is a continuous open season for coyote. They may be
    taken with a hunting license or furharvester license, and you must also have paid
    the habitat fee. The exception, of course, would be deer hunting when you could not
    use a dog. You can always contact your local conservation officer if you have other
    questions. Officer phone numbers are listed on page 44 of the Hunting & Trapping
    Regulations (found on our website).

Thank you,
    Webmaster, Iowa DNR
    515-281-5918
    jab

Oh, by the way, Bowhunter87……..nice looking pup ❗ ❗ (the yellow one) 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.