Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Two Monster Locked Deer (the Locked and Floated Bucks)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: JPenny

To all the guys who doubted this guy, how do you feel now? I’ve yet to see anyone post, “Hey, sorry I doubted you, kid.” And to the young man who found this, you do whatever you want with these racks as long as it is legal. If you need to sell them to outfit yourself for archery, so be it. And while you’re at it, give thanks to the Almighty for delivering these to you so you could get set up!

The way new people are treated on this site sometimes is probably the reason the traffic is down.

Participant

Very cool find, congrats and welcome to the site. Don’t be discouraged by all the negative feedback that you will receive. Its almost like a regular thing for some people on here.
    I can understand where your coming from with the temptation to sell them when you are trying to get your gear for bowhunting. I would definitely think twice or three times about it though. You are young enuff and have plenty of time before next season starts to earn money for your bow. Pick up some odd jobs if you have to this summer and remember you don’t have to start out with everything brand new, especially for a beginner. You may find out bowhunting may not be your cup of tea.

Again congrats on the find.

Participant

Not sure if he mentioned but he found it with a friend so it is both of theirs which compounds the decision of keeping it as they would have to share it somehow. I believe it will be a the deer classic.

Participant

Anyone have any idea what those will sell for? It would be nice to keep them, but considering they belong to the OPs friend as much as they do to him, selling make sense.

OP, do as much research as you can on what something like that goes for and hold out for top $. That is a once in a lifetime find. If you are going to cash in, max it out!

Participant

Very cool once in a lifetime find. Someone would be willing to pay a fair price for those I would think. Bass Pro??? Milk them for all they’re worth!

Participant
    Participant

Quote by: tracyiowa53

Congrats on a once in a life time find. It would be nice to have them, but now days some scumbag would probably break in and steal them from you anyway.
    I would sell, you’ll always have the pics., but only my opinion.

I would have to agree, I will have the pics and the memories

Participant

Quote by: LONESUMGUS

that’s an awesome find. I know of another set like that, never seen by the public. why cant you negotiate a replica in your selling price? then everybody wins!

Problem is I found them with a buddy, so cant really share them.

Participant

Quote by: JPenny

To all the guys who doubted this guy, how do you feel now? I’ve yet to see anyone post, “Hey, sorry I doubted you, kid.” And to the young man who found this, you do whatever you want with these racks as long as it is legal. If you need to sell them to outfit yourself for archery, so be it. And while you’re at it, give thanks to the Almighty for delivering these to you so you could get set up!

Thanks man. We will make sure it is all legal and good to go.

WhipWhip
    Participant

Another story on horns locked together.
    September 2016
    Bummer Moose Story

Jackson- Jackson Wildlife Coordinator Doug Brimeyer and Jackson Game warden Kyle Lash responded to a call of two Bull Moose that had drowned in a pond at a subdivision near Wilson, WY. The two apparently sparring bulls had locked antlers and ended up in the pond and drowned. Warden Lash paddled out to the moose (upper left), unlocked the antlers and hooked them up to a cable so that they could be winched out and onto a trailer. It was an unfortunate way for these two magnificent animals to go.

Whip

Participant

Cool looking bucks, that one is massive. Good luck with the sell, do what you want and be happy with that decision.

Participant

Good for you guy!
    It’s no different than finding a fox or a coon frozen in ice and chopping is out and selling the fur.
    Take lots of pictures of the mounts including you with the mounts.
    Take the money and buy your bow and equipment and get out there and enjoy it!

Participant
    Participant

That is the coolest European mount I’ve seen yet. Wow!! If you do sell them, don’t let them go cheap.

Participant

Cool Euro, did they get loose or are the zip ties to prevent that?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.