Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Two Monster Locked Deer (the Locked and Floated Bucks)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: aaronm

Congrats on a cool find! Pretty glim reminder of how life can be for wild animals. I am sure you could find a buyer fairly quick, although I would encourage you not to do so. Granted you didn’t harvest them, but racks like that don’t come around very often especially locked together and just having them around would be pretty cool. Plus it would be proof to a really cool story for years to come. Hold on to them, you will be happy you did. Figure out another way to purchase the bow. if that is not in the deck of cards then contact Circle M Auctions they always of an auction specifically for antlers.

Welcome to the site, don’t be stranger. There are a lot of things to learn and not to learn as well from the guys on here.

I know, I am contemplating what to do. But I really do need the money. I have a job and all but I have some pretty expensive hobbies. But thanks man

Muskeez
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Don’t sell them, you will regret it when you are old and grumpy like half this crowd 😯 – money will come and go in life, think long term.
    Congrats on a cool find!

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Muskeez

Don’t sell them, you will regret it when you are old and grumpy like half this crowd 😯 – money will come and go in life, think long term.
    Congrats on a cool find!

Thanks man, its gonna have to be a difficult decision

ggarrels
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I need money too, and I wouldn’t sell them! you’ll probably never ever see something like that again!

About 10-12 years ago, I stumbled upon 2 deer that were locked, while I was pheasant hunting. 1 was dead and had been dead for a long time and the other still alive (don’t know how). We tried separating them, and during that, broke a tine off of the live deer, which allowed them to easily come apart. I didn’t bother cutting the head off the other because it was so rotten and stunk so bad. Now today, 10 years later, i wish i would have cut the head off and dealt with the stink for a few hours/days and had it as a story to tell. All i have to show is the small tine that broke off (about 3″ long). And they were both big deer! not quite as big as yours, but they weren’t small either!

ahav
    Participant
    Up
    Down

me and my buddy found two dogs locked together one time. most intriguing thing ive ever seen. 😀

bigbuck31pt
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Very cool Cooper! Look forward to seeing the pics out of the water.

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

maxx
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That had to smell really bad. Cool find.

What would something like this bring in? You are a pretty young dude unless you need the money to eat you really don’t need the money, lol.

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: maxx

What would something like this bring in? You are a pretty young dude unless you need the money to eat you really don’t need the money, lol.

It didnt smell great haha. And ive gotten appraisals all over the place. But its enough

speng5
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: cooperdoerrfeld

It didnt smell great haha. And ive gotten appraisals all over the place. But its enough

I’m of the thought sell them. A cool memory for sure, but you have the pics. Cool memory or not, I have never had much attachment to a rack I didn’t harvest myself, and I have found some cool ones over the years.

IMO you can make your own outdoor memories from the ‘profit’ of this outdoor memory. Maybe you will be able to purchase a new muzzleloader or something with the funds from your sold racks, and with said gun shoot your personal best deer ever. Definitely a good deal there. If you sell it be smart about it, you’ll be kicking yourself if you sell them for gas money and movie tickets

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: cooperdoerrfeld

I’m of the thought sell them. A cool memory for sure, but you have the pics. Cool memory or not, I have never had much attachment to a rack I didn’t harvest myself, and I have found some cool ones over the years.

IMO you can make your own outdoor memories from the ‘profit’ of this outdoor memory. Maybe you will be able to purchase a new muzzleloader or something with the funds from your sold racks, and with said gun shoot your personal best deer ever. Definitely a good deal there. If you sell it be smart about it, you’ll be kicking yourself if you sell them for gas money and movie tickets

I will man. Thats kinda my thoughts. Like yes its very cool, but someone else would probably appreciate it more

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    PCI
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Great find enjoy your new bow

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: PCI

Great find enjoy your new bow

thank you sir

Pommer
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The “Greenbrier Bucks”. Good to hear that you were able to get a salvage tag. Sure you want top sell them? You will never have a trophy prize like this again.

mhock
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I didn’t mean to sound like downer on this. My only point was what others have said. What you have found is very cool, and no, you will most likely never find something like this again. MOST shed hunters nev even find a shed as large as these, let alone a set of them, let alone two nice bucks locked together. Sure you have pics, but heck now we all do, too, so what’s so special about that? Pics of deer on here area dime a dozen. In my humble opinion you will absolutely regret selling what you have found. A good find for sure and congrats on that. Don’t sell them. B)

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Pommer

The “Greenbrier Bucks”. Good to hear that you were able to get a salvage tag. Sure you want top sell them? You will never have a trophy prize like this again.

Yep! Howd you know? And yeah we are pretty sure, we understand its an amazing thing but we also know that someone else would probably enjoy it much more

mhock
    Participant
    Up
    Down

On the other hand, maybe you don’t deer hunt or care about antlers. In that case more power to you. Sell them to someone who would enjoy them.

cooperdoerrfeld
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: mhock

On the other hand, maybe you don’t deer hunt or care about antlers. In that case more power to you. Sell them to someone who would enjoy them.

Im attempting to get in to Deer hunting. Im very interested in archery, thats a big motivator in selling them is buying all the gear, and hopefully someday I can fill a wall of mounts that I shot, although they probably will never come close to this.

bigbuck31pt
    Participant
    Up
    Down

If the price is right I’d sell them too. 😆

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

moose07
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That’s an awesome find!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.