Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Two Monster Locked Deer (the Locked and Floated Bucks)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks Bailey,
    So basically what happened is me and my buddy were fishing this pond/lake, we always fish this certain spot where a tree is fallen in the water, we were pitching jigs deep in the cover and we saw what we thought were two other logs in the water. We worked our way around until we got close enough for me to actually realize what we found. I called my buddies and they came down. we towed it out and put it up by my buddies house. We then called the Dnr and got the salvage tags figured figured out, luckily my friend had the contact information. We made sure everything was legal and then loaded it into my truck and here we are. Wasnt trying to offend anyone, just thought this was a good place to share it and maybe reach a buyer. Maybe I was wrong

Participant
    Participant

Congrats on a cool find! Pretty glim reminder of how life can be for wild animals. I am sure you could find a buyer fairly quick, although I would encourage you not to do so. Granted you didn’t harvest them, but racks like that don’t come around very often especially locked together and just having them around would be pretty cool. Plus it would be proof to a really cool story for years to come. Hold on to them, you will be happy you did. Figure out another way to purchase the bow. That is merely my advice, you most certainly do with them what you please. If holding on to them is not in the deck of cards then contact Circle M Auctions they always of an auction specifically for antlers.

Welcome to the site, don’t be stranger. There are a lot of things to learn and not to learn as well from the guys on here.

Participant

Very cool find! I’d be interested in hearing the story as well. Do you happen to have any pictures of the deer after they have been pulled from the water?

Participant

Quote by: TrapCyclone

Very cool find! I’d be interested in hearing the story as well. Do you happen to have any pictures of the deer after they have been pulled from the water?

yes I do. I will get attempt to get those up too. and I posted the story right above the pics. and thanks man

Participant

Quote by: aaronm

Congrats on a cool find! Pretty glim reminder of how life can be for wild animals. I am sure you could find a buyer fairly quick, although I would encourage you not to do so. Granted you didn’t harvest them, but racks like that don’t come around very often especially locked together and just having them around would be pretty cool. Plus it would be proof to a really cool story for years to come. Hold on to them, you will be happy you did. Figure out another way to purchase the bow. if that is not in the deck of cards then contact Circle M Auctions they always of an auction specifically for antlers.

Welcome to the site, don’t be stranger. There are a lot of things to learn and not to learn as well from the guys on here.

I know, I am contemplating what to do. But I really do need the money. I have a job and all but I have some pretty expensive hobbies. But thanks man

Participant

Don’t sell them, you will regret it when you are old and grumpy like half this crowd 😯 – money will come and go in life, think long term.
    Congrats on a cool find!

Participant

Quote by: Muskeez

Don’t sell them, you will regret it when you are old and grumpy like half this crowd 😯 – money will come and go in life, think long term.
    Congrats on a cool find!

Thanks man, its gonna have to be a difficult decision

Participant

I need money too, and I wouldn’t sell them! you’ll probably never ever see something like that again!

About 10-12 years ago, I stumbled upon 2 deer that were locked, while I was pheasant hunting. 1 was dead and had been dead for a long time and the other still alive (don’t know how). We tried separating them, and during that, broke a tine off of the live deer, which allowed them to easily come apart. I didn’t bother cutting the head off the other because it was so rotten and stunk so bad. Now today, 10 years later, i wish i would have cut the head off and dealt with the stink for a few hours/days and had it as a story to tell. All i have to show is the small tine that broke off (about 3″ long). And they were both big deer! not quite as big as yours, but they weren’t small either!

Participant

me and my buddy found two dogs locked together one time. most intriguing thing ive ever seen. 😀

bigbuck31ptbigbuck31pt
    Participant

Very cool Cooper! Look forward to seeing the pics out of the water.

"In The Wind He's Still Alive" RIP Scott Ferris

Participant

That had to smell really bad. Cool find.

What would something like this bring in? You are a pretty young dude unless you need the money to eat you really don’t need the money, lol.

Participant

Quote by: maxx

What would something like this bring in? You are a pretty young dude unless you need the money to eat you really don’t need the money, lol.

It didnt smell great haha. And ive gotten appraisals all over the place. But its enough

Participant

Quote by: cooperdoerrfeld

It didnt smell great haha. And ive gotten appraisals all over the place. But its enough

I’m of the thought sell them. A cool memory for sure, but you have the pics. Cool memory or not, I have never had much attachment to a rack I didn’t harvest myself, and I have found some cool ones over the years.

IMO you can make your own outdoor memories from the ‘profit’ of this outdoor memory. Maybe you will be able to purchase a new muzzleloader or something with the funds from your sold racks, and with said gun shoot your personal best deer ever. Definitely a good deal there. If you sell it be smart about it, you’ll be kicking yourself if you sell them for gas money and movie tickets

Participant

Quote by: speng5

Quote by: cooperdoerrfeld

I’m of the thought sell them. A cool memory for sure, but you have the pics. Cool memory or not, I have never had much attachment to a rack I didn’t harvest myself, and I have found some cool ones over the years.

IMO you can make your own outdoor memories from the ‘profit’ of this outdoor memory. Maybe you will be able to purchase a new muzzleloader or something with the funds from your sold racks, and with said gun shoot your personal best deer ever. Definitely a good deal there. If you sell it be smart about it, you’ll be kicking yourself if you sell them for gas money and movie tickets

I will man. Thats kinda my thoughts. Like yes its very cool, but someone else would probably appreciate it more

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.