Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds Two Monster Locked Deer (the Locked and Floated Bucks)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Me and my buddy found two massive Iowa whitetail locked together earlier this year during the rut. They are both non typical with drop tines and flyers. these deer are being european mounted but the capes are also saved, they are for sale and are we are planning to take them to the deer classic unless a buyer is found before. Look I understand some may not believe and that is fine, but I would get nothing out of lying about this. I also know some dont understand why I would sell, and I get that, but the fact of the matter is I am a sixteen year old trying to get into bowhunting and I need to fund a bow. I also didnt shoot this deer (clearly) so I would feel weird keeping them.

(Pictures were posted below)

Participant

Hahahahah …. Total BS from the get go.

Participant

Quote by: Drahts

Hahahahah …. Total BS from the get go.

what would i get out of lying about this?

Participant

You have to admit it sounds a little suspicious since you just registered and your first post is about these big bucks that just happen to be for sale. I assume you guys used your archery tags on them?

Participant

Quote by: DGorman

You have to admit it sounds a little suspicious since you just registered and your first post is about these big bucks that just happen to be for sale. I assume you guys used your archery tags on them?

contacted dnr and got salvage tags, i have pictures but trying to figure out how to post them, look man I see where your coming from. but to be honest I am 16 years old and I am just trying to reach as many people as possible

Participant

16 and already looking to profit off of deer. SO sad. Good luck Jr.

Participant

Being euro mounted right now

Participant

Quote by: cooperdoerrfeld

Quote by: DGorman

contacted dnr and got salvage tags, i have pictures but trying to figure out how to post them, look man I see where your coming from. but to be honest I am 16 years old and I am just trying to reach as many people as possible

Better verify legality of selling antlers with salvage tags. My old c.o. specifically told me you can’t sell antlers on a salvage tag. He said he would go to the auction in dubuque and watch for them. I guess I’ve never looked to see if it was written law because I’m not into buying or selling antlers, but I’d make sure I was covered before I started advertising these for sale.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

DGorman may be correct. As I recall and I still have some unused tags but if you read the tag I believe it says something about for your consumption or animal feed but in any case the whole animal must be taken. Also if it wasn’t road kill it may or may not be eligible.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant

Quote by: Oldbear

DGorman may be correct. As I recall and I still have some unused tags but if you read the tag I believe it says something about for your consumption or animal feed but in any case the whole animal must be taken. Also if it wasn’t road kill it may or may not be eligible.

I was worried about all of that too, but when I talked to the Dnr officer and explained the situation and that we were probably going to sell them, he seemed to think everything is okay and legal. I hope he was right. Thanks though

Participant

Let’s see the pics.

Participant

Quote by: RutnStrut

Let’s see the pics.

I am trying to figure out how to post them.

Participant

Upload the photo to an image hosting website such as Photobucket and then copy the URL for the image here. You can put the URL between the IMG brackets from the button shown above your response when you are typing it up so that it displays as an image.

Participant

Pictures ?????

Participant

It is legit, I have seen them, pretty cool story how Cooper found them and he has worked with the DNR to do everything by the book.
    If you could use the money wouldn’t you sell them, assuming it is legal? Everyone is so quick to judge, maybe thank him for sharing the pics, may actually create some traffic on this dying site.
    Cooper tell the story how you found them as well…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.