Home Forums Fishing Walleye Fishing twelve mile three mile, green valley, icaria?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just Wondering If AnyoneHas Been Able To Get Out On These Lakes Yet With A Boat, And If So Are The Eyes Biting? Im Wanting Ti Hit Icaria On The Weekend Of The 6Th.

Participant

Nobody? You Can Pm If You Dont Want Any Info Out Yet. Any Info Would Be Greatly appreciated

Participant

I heard from a couple buddies that there is still some ice floating around on 12 but you should be able to get a boat in on the south end. 3 had less ice all winter so I wouldn’t be surprised if that is completely open. Not a clue about Icaria. My guess is you are going to have trouble getting anyone to spill the beans if they are on a good walleye bite down there. You will probably just need to go out on a limb and head down there and try it for yourself. Im sure you will find open water to get your boat in.

PS. I didnt know Green Valley had eyes in it. Did they stocks some in there after they drained it?

BigDud1983BigDud1983
    Participant

As to my knowledge GV doesnt have eyes in it, unless they did put some in there once it was drained.

I know Summit below GV has eyes in it, but dont think GV does, yet i have been wrong before.

FWIW,

Dustin

Participant

Thanks For The Info,,,I Was Really Just Wanting To Know If The Ice Is Gone, The Walleyes Should Be Going Down There. We Still Have Ice On Everything Around Ames Area So I HopeI Can Make It Down There In Couple weeks

Participant

By the weekend of the 6th you should be ice free. I would shocked if any of those lakes still have ice on them by then.

Participant

just saw the DNR fishing report. Sounds like the lakes are half open down there right now.

Participant

Quote by: BigDud1983

As to my knowledge GV doesnt have eyes in it, unless they did put some in there once it was drained.

I know Summit below GV has eyes in it, but dont think GV does, yet i have been wrong before.

FWIW,

Dustin

Drove by Summit (if it is the one below GV) week and a half ago and couldn’t see much water at all! Weeds every where.

Participant

FWIW,

Dustin

Summit has been dry for two years. It is just now re-filling. There is no fish in it. Green Valley has eyes in it.

Participant

Quote by: deerhntr

FWIW,

Dustin

Summit has been dry for two years. It is just now re-filling. There is no fish in it. Green Valley has eyes in it.

Sweet. I was not aware of that. IMO they should stock eyes in almost every lake in IA. They are as popular of a species as any to chase and they are not invasive……….Too bad they are not invasive and dont reproduce like carp;-)

Participant

Quote by: Bob+Er

Quote by: deerhntr

FWIW,

Dustin

Sweet. I was not aware of that. IMO they should stock eyes in almost every lake in IA. They are as popular of a species as any to chase and they are not invasive……….Too bad they are not invasive and dont reproduce like carp;-)

Agreed, They Stock The Rivers Withcrazy Amounts Of Walleyes, And They Are Stock Amd Take, Why Not Any Of The Decent County Lakes? A Lot Of TheM Are Plenty Deep For Eyes To Survive.

Participant

Can’t wait to get out on 3 or 12 very soon!

Participant

Was by 3 mile on Wed. Lake was open with ice in the coves. Needs to get warmer for me to do any fishing.

Participant

here is the 9/27/2012 DNR fish count report for Green Valley

Combined
    Number of fish caught in each category (inches)
    Fish 0-4 4-5 5-6 6-7 7-8 8-9 9-10 10-11 11-12 12-13 13-14 14-15 >15
    Black Crappie 0 0 0 0 0 7 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Bluegill 33 57 73 69 130 21 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Green Sunfish 0 0 0 2 7 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    White Crappie 0 0 0 2 9 9 56 18 0 0 0 0 0

Fish 0-6 6-8 8-10 10-12 12-14 14-16 16-18 18-20 20-22 22-24 24-26 26-28 >30
    Channel Catfish 0 0 0 13 197 94 5 13 63 81 16 0 0
    Largemouth Bass 12 10 23 16 95 27 2 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Walleye 0 0 0 0 6 10 11 4 0 0 0 0 0

——————————————————————————–

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.