Home Forums Trapping / Fur Handling Trapping Trapline during work week

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m still fairly new to trapping, and am wanting to get more into it by running traps from home on my way to and from work. I’m specifically targeting coon. What my plan is to do is set them out, check them in the morning, reset after work and skin/ flesh when I get home. My only real concern is how good the hide will be after sitting in my truck after 8 or 9 hrs. Would I be better off just doing it all in 1 shot after work where I’d have more time.

lunker99lunker99
    Participant

Would be fine to check in the morning as you described.  I usually stop by home to drop off my catch but have had them in the truck all day and they should be fine.  You can decided if you need to keep them out of eye site of coworkers depending on work environment.  I wouldn’t wait till the way home to reset though if you check in the morning.  Reset traps as you’re checking whether you do it in the morning or evening.  Saves you time on the line and gives you more time for other chores/skinning.

Participant

Thanks for the response. Not to worried about hiding them sense it’s just me and the bossman. Plus I only have 5 or 6 traps so it doesnt take up much time. Plus theres not very many good spots where theres no houses near by or deep enough ditches that nobody driving past will see the traps if a coon is caught.

Participant

I use to run a line in the morning before work and another after work. Lunker99 hit the nail on the head. Reset as you go. Saves a lot of time. I had to take my catch to work with me. I used a large plastic tote to keep them in so no one would see them in the truck. I wasn’t too concerned with the hides in the back of the truck. I haven’t had any troubles as of yet.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant

Reset as you go as their are only 5-6 of them.  If need be start earlier.  They’ll keep until after work.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.