Home Forums Hunting Dog Training Training Collar recommendations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I am looking for a new collar, I would like one with a tone and stimulation both plus a beeper than can be turned on/off with remote to locate dog. I am currently looking at the Garmin Delta Upland XC. I would appreciate any comments on this collar or any others with same feature.

Thanks in advance

Donna
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down

I posted a recommendation with a link to the actual product but it disappeared as usual. Probably hung up in “SPAM” or I’m just delusional and there is nothing wrong with this site and it functions as it should. Anyway, check out the Dogtra 2700T&B. It’s better all around for numerous reasons.

Have patience! I am working through all the old messages and will be reviewing pending messages DAILY to alleviate the issues you all were having! Hope you choose to come back and continue to enjoy the forums!

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

Garmin and Sportdog are both excellent companies when it comes to ecollars. I am not sure of a particular model that has the locator function. Keeping it simple is really the key. My experience with beeping pointing devices have not been good. I find they are annoying to listen to constantly. If you are an upland hunter an entry level Garmin or Sportdog collar will suffice. I presently use the Garmin Pro70. It has a beep command as well as seven levels of stimulation and can also accommodate up to 6 collars, (dogs).

Thoughts on pointing/locating collars would be appreciated.

wmgeorge64
    Participant
    Up
    Down

No expert that’s for sure, but we have used a Dogtra for 3 years with our Border Collie only once or twice with the e-correction and the rest with the vibration mode which she now respects and comes from a great distance.  Its a family owned business and its all they do is dog stuff. No issues with the batteries holding a charge. We just purchased another for our Australian  Sheppard cattle dog.

Whip
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I have had a couple of different collars and currently use a dogtra. I really liked tritronics but they were bought by Garmin and for older collars like mine no support was available when the batteries went dead. No tone on my dogtra 1900 but vibration is great.

Whip

kel
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I ended up buying a Dogtra with a vibrate and beeper function. Have been happy with it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.