Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Trail Cam Pic

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Imagine that frame during rut when the testosterone kicks in! What a beast of a body! I think he is a 10 point and would guess in the 160s, if he is an 8 then I would say 150ish. Great deer regardless of the # of tines. Good luck!!!

Participant

Quote by: patrick

Imagine that frame during rut when the testosterone kicks in! What a beast of a body! I think he is a 10 point and would guess in the 160s, if he is an 8 then I would say 150ish. Great deer regardless of the # of tines. Good luck!!!

yeah I would tend to agree with the 10 pt in the mid 160s. nice deer, heck of body. I am sure he has no issues locking horns with bucks…probably wins most of those battles.

Here’s to hoping we see him in 60 days. Man when I type it that way it makes it seem like the rut is so far away. This season has been a killer already. Just waiting for it to get here after getting all these new cameras and stands up has been hell.

Participant

I would say that one downside of having trail cams is that you know exactly what you are missing out on if you don’t end up getting the deer that you are targeting. Do you know if this particular deer has a wide range or if he stays primarily on your property? Hopefully you have a chance at him once the bow season opens on Oct. 1st.

He came back. A lot. 5 More sightings in the last two weeks mainly in the early morning hours, now we just have to track him back to bed. Any ideas what he is now? Turned into a great drop or back tine or something. As of right now the greatest part is he is not going in front of any of our other cameras on this property. IT is a big property and he is staying isolated in one corn field area. So we are hoping he starts to show himself in the daylight as things get closer, but for now we are keeping out of there and letting him get fired up for the rut.

I have never tarted one specific buck before, but with this many pictures of him I am going to try this year. IF nothing else it will give me some great time in stand watching a lot of other deer go by.

oldstylelightoldstylelight
    Participant

could they be different deer? The drop is very evident on the recent pics but not on the original one you posted? Either way, very cool. Thanks for posting. I love trail camera pics.

Blocked

Keeps getting better and better doesn’t it…very cool pics. Now I am going to say he is a mainframe 9pt (still can’t tell what his left side it) with a very cool dagger coming of the back. Looks like you have him on a good pattern of the area. Tough part is going to be hunting him in the morning during the early season and risk bumping him when walking to your stand. What are you plans on pursuing him?

Thanks for the photos and good luck!

Still working in the plan. Based on where he is at he is currently living in the corn field. So with that in mind we are thinking about waiting until the corn is out to go after him. He currently does not have to travel very far. From the corn field to the pond about 100 yards away from the edge. He is only coming out in the early morning hours, with the occasional late night pic, so we do not want to bump him on the way in at 5 am or earlier. Once November gets closer he should start moving a bit more and pushing towards the bigger timber areas which would make him easier to hunt.

As of now our plan is to stay out of that stand early season and start trying a few evenings as October goes on. I am not even going in to check the camera, why take the chance. The camera is taking tons of pictures of does, bucks and two shooters as of Sunday so I figure any sit in the stand is not going to be wasted. We will see lots of deer and hopefully start getting an idea of where the two shooters are going.

Participant

I’d be shocked if that thing didn’t gross score in the 160’s with the flyer off the left G2. If you think you’ve got him patterned or at least know his core area is fairly small, I’d try to stay out of their until you hunt him. Best chance of killing a big smart buck is the first night out. Once he knows he’s being hunted he has a major advantage.

tracertracer
    Participant

Great buck

Spypoint Trail Camera Dealer
    IOWA SPORTSMAN MAGAZINE
    SPONSOR

Participant

Any update

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.