Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Trail Cam Pic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thoughts on size or age? It is the only one I have of him so far. I might have a side shot, but I am not sure if it is him so I will go with this. I am always curious to hear what others see. I think we have had more fun with trail cameras this year than we will hunting. Ok maybe not, but it has been fun.

medicdanomedicdano
    Participant

4. Maybe 5 in a better picture.

riverriver
    Participant

My opinion. He’s a brute. Fat ass, fat gut, killer brows, really good mass, decent spread, plenty of tines (though not overly long). Shooter in my book.
    Thanks for sharing.

River

Participant

I think his tines are pretty good, they just look short because he has giant brows and he’s a slob. Beams look long and mass looks good. I can’t tell you if he’s four or six or whatever, but he’s old enough for me to shoot. Nice buck for sure.

Participant

Heck of a deer. Looks like a monster 8pt to me but hard to tell in that pic. With those brows and a frame like that he’s got to be in the 150’s. If he’s a 10pt then I’d say 160s!

Participant

He is the biggest we are watching so far. And things will start getting better as every week passes. We are just excited our stands are up, cams are up and now we just have to wait. I am hoping we will get a good side shot of him sometime, but we are not going to check cameras for a few weeks so we will see.

Participant

Little hard to tell, but nice deer, thanks for posting. I always like to look at pictures of deer. Shoot him and give us a closer look.

Stud 8 I’m gonna say 153.

Participant

From what I can tell…I’d put him in the 160’s too. I see most the bucks have lost their velvet now…
    He’s a shooter for sure!

Participant

Nice deer!! From my limited experience I would guess that he is in the 150 range. I would definitely be slinging an arrow or muzzy bullet at that deer if I had the chance.

Participant

IF he gives one of us the chance he will get an arrow flung after him. Now we just have to wait 24 days until we can hunt.

Participant

I am TERRIBLE at this but have gotten better over the last few years with with one small trick. Ok, I will share my trick. Subtract 10 from whatever you think it is and you will be much closer than your original guess.

That said, that is a beauty of a buck. And if I am seeing it right, it looks like a nice 10 pt. So, my first guess was around 160 or so. Now, subtract 10 and you get 150. He’s probably pretty close to that, one way or the other.

Please feel free to share my secret trick with the world 😀

Participant

Quote by: IA+at+heart

Please feel free to share my secret trick with the world 😀

Love it!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

nicholascottanicholascotta
    Participant

Great deer looks like that left side might have some junk on it I’d love to have a deer like this in front of my stand!

Participant

I thought the same thing about the left side. I am hoping we get at least another shot of him to see, but in the 4 weeks cams have been out he has showed up once. But as the corn starts getting picked and Fall kicks in I am sure he will be moving some more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.