Home Forums Hunting Deer Hunting Trail Cam Giant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I checked my cams yesterday and was very pleased to find this guy on there. He looks to be a perfectly symetrical nice big 10 pt. If he can make it through bow, early muzzy, shotgun 1 & 2, he will be on my list for late muzzy. I never ask this but I am just terrible at guessing scores. What do you guys think this buck might score? The first photo is exactly as it came from my trail cam, the second photo is just zoomed in to see it better. Wish me luck and let me know what you think he might score. Thanks!

Participant

By the way, my first guess using the “add the antlers times two plus 95” method I had this guy at 170 or so but I dont think he can be a 170, can he?

Participant

Mid 150s? Nice symmetrical deer for sure!

Participant

155-160″

VERY nice 10 ptr!

Participant

Wow, nice looking deer! My initial thought was that he’d be pushing 170, before I saw your follow-up post. He’s got a lot of height and seems pretty heavy and wide. I’d say easily over 160, unless he has a tiny body.

Participant

Best guess would be right around 160 but hard to tell……i’ll say 161 3/8. Shoot him and let me know how close I was 🙂

Good Luck.

Participant

Difficult to tell on mass, but based on the assumption that his ears are around 6.5 to 7 inches in length I would guess him anywhere from 160-170 gross depending on mass measurements. Brows look about 8 inches, G2’s around 12″, G3’s around 9″, G4’s around 5″. Dang nice deer and good luck!

Participant

Quote by: axegothic3

155-160″

VERY nice 10 ptr!

X2

Participant

158-163

Participant

164 to 172

Participant

Thanks guys. I have only seen one bigger deer than this on my property and that was 3 years ago, only saw him once. He was a massive 12 point that I always thought would gross about 180 but if this guy is even in the neighborhood of 170, then that big 12 who was taller than this one was probably in the 190 range. I have never seen him again. I assume he is gone but you never know.

I might have to bring a change of underwear if this guy walks under my stand with the old, and I do mean old, primitive smoke pole in my hand. I hope I get a chance at him. I went through my pics again today and saw two other pictures of him in the same spot, all very late at night. He is a night dweller for now anyway. I can’t tell how wide he is in any of the pics I have. He looks like he has some good width here but his mass is not well, massive. Although his G2 and G3, especially on his left side look very tall. Without a doubt though, if he comes by me during late muzzy, I will not pass him up.

Participant

Both sides look about the same
    G1’s 7
    G2’s 11
    G3’s 9
    G4’s 6
    MB 23
    Mass 17

= 73″ X 2= 146+ 17 inside spread= 163″

I think if anything I guessed low on all those numbers. I’d bet a twelve pack that he’d be 163″-168″ with very little deductions.
    Awesome deer, good luck.

Participant

im guna say… gross 159….net 155

Participant

Quote by: 1luckyguy

G1’s 7
    G2’s 11
    G3’s 9
    G4’s 6
    MB 23
    Mass 17

I think if anything I guessed low on all those numbers. I’d bet a twelve pack that he’d be 163″-168″ with very little deductions.
    Awesome deer, good luck.

X2!!

Participant

Quote by: 1luckyguy

G1’s 7
    G2’s 11
    G3’s 9
    G4’s 6
    MB 23
    Mass 17

Awesome deer, good luck.

This, I would say those 2s are over 12″

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.