Home Forums Miscellaneous Gardening Tomato plants in pots

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hey guys, does anyone plant tomatoes in pots? I was thinking about having a few plants on my deck. What kind do you like? Is it possible to do little cherry tomatoes in lots as well?
    Mega ks for the help!

freckles
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I do 3 cherry tomato plants in patio pots every year, nothing special get them from Walmart, I like using Miracle gro potting soil, water often & wait till ready. I wrap mine with chicken wire as it seems the squirrels like to dig in them. Good Luck

bryan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: freckles

I do 3 cherry tomato plants in patio pots every year, nothing special get them from Walmart, I like using Miracle gro potting soil, water often & wait till ready. I wrap mine with chicken wire as it seems the squirrels like to dig in them. Good Luck

Thanks.

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Google pear tomato. I have had good luck with them.

moetker21
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Before I bought a house and built a garden I’d just use a 5 gallon bucket with a few holes drilled in the bottom. Had to water regularly but was more than pleased with the production. Cherry 100’s and romas did the best. I also put chicken wire around the cages to fight off the squirrels.

Anonymous
    Up
    Down

An uncle of mine always grows a couple of roma plants off of porch in hanging posts every year with great results. Easy peasy.

cage
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Last year I took a couple of the yellow cherry tomatoes from Walmart, cut them into 1/3s. Put them in miracle grow potting soil inside strawberry containers (mini green houses), set containers in a pan with some water in it. Set them in our sunroom. transplanted into larger containers when necessary, then out side. Plants ended up over 4 ft tall. Produced a bunch of what I planted.

bryan
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the advice. I think I will do some cherry tomatoes and another bigger variety.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.