Tire recommendations?2016-12-31T17:24:01-05:00

Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Tire recommendations?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote by: brentbullets

One thing to keep in mind if buying tires from Sam’s Club, Walmart or Costco. The name brand tire you buy from them probably won’t be serviced by any other tire dealer that sells that brand as in most cases the tires are made for those stores and the dealers can not get that exact same tire. this is why they sell for less and usually are made to their specifications and usually are not of the same quality. I know many tire dealers in many area that will not and can not get the same tire this is why the clubs sell their road hazards.

Sorry but this is simply not true. It comes from the same rumor mill that Walmart sells lower quality and second quality guns. the truth is they just work off a lower margin.

I am in your same boat and need tires for my 2014 Ram 3500 SRW. I have put 304,570 miles on my 2012 Ram 3500 DRW and have gone through several sets of tires. I consistently buy Michelin LTX at2 now because I get in the 60,000+ mile range with them. I bought BFG TKOs last year because I have always liked them but did not get the wear out of them like I do the Michelins. I’m going to buy either the BFGs or the Michelins for my 2014. Leaning toward the Michelins because they have a softer sidewall and hoping to soften up the ride for my winey family that complains about my bouncy truck 🙄

I have 18’s not familiar with the 20″ lineup

Participant

I am not a fan of Walmart tires. Most of them are a contract for Walmart and mine had squishy sidewalls even in ten ply. I’ve had great luck with bridgestone dueller revo and hankook dynapros.
    Good in snow and decent on ice and hardpack. Holds up well to pulling trailers with skid loader and mini ex on gravel

Participant

Quote by: Backlash

Quote by: brentbullets

One thing to keep in mind if buying tires from Sam’s Club, Walmart or Costco. The name brand tire you buy from them probably won’t be serviced by any other tire dealer that sells that brand as in most cases the tires are made for those stores and the dealers can not get that exact same tire. this is why they sell for less and usually are made to their specifications and usually are not of the same quality. I know many tire dealers in many area that will not and can not get the same tire this is why the clubs sell their road hazards.

Sorry but this is simply not true. It comes from the same rumor mill that Walmart sells lower quality and second quality guns. the truth is they just work off a lower margin.

OK, try to buy any tire sold at Walmart any place else.

Make sure it is THE EXACT SAME TIRE, you will not be able to.

Walleyes and waterfowl, what else is there?

Blocked

*censored* this. NOT TRUE. A tire at Wal-Mart is the same tire anywhere else! A Ruger 10/22 is the same as anywhere else! A package of bologna is same as anywhere else! A can of COORS is the same as anywhere else! A gallon of AE ilk is the same as anywhere else! A Rapala Shad-rap is same as anywhere else! Same as oil. Wal-mart is not in the oil refinery business their Super-Tech oil is same as a major manufacturer. This is typical of people who have overpaid for there goods and services!

Participant

BFG TKO2 all the way- quiet – awesome traction – great longevity – minor downside they are rock throwers – you wont be disappointed – just drive slower on gravel.

Participant

Quote by: twdenney

*censored* this. NOT TRUE. A tire at Wal-Mart is the same tire anywhere else! A Ruger 10/22 is the same as anywhere else! A package of bologna is same as anywhere else! A can of COORS is the same as anywhere else! A gallon of AE ilk is the same as anywhere else! A Rapala Shad-rap is same as anywhere else! Same as oil. Wal-mart is not in the oil refinery business their Super-Tech oil is same as a major manufacturer. This is typical of people who have overpaid for there goods and services!

You will hate to hear this but… the Samsung TV’s you. It at Wal Mart and Sam’s are also made for them and won’t found those models any place else.

Blocked

Total bullshit. Is the Northern toilet paper different from Hy-Vee also? How about the BIC razor? Or Purina cat food? Or Capmbell’s soup? This is Bullshit! Prove it! This going to be fun

Participant

Is this real life? Our censoring software won’t let me talk about deep sea fishing (sal*censored*er) or a certain kind of flushing spaniel (American or English *censored*er), but this ^^^ flies, multiple times per post? 🙄

Also, I’m not sure about if there is a difference on tires or anything else, but I have seen plenty of places say that Wal Mart electronics, while not “inferior”, technically, they are not made to quite the same specs as any other consumer grade product presented as the same “model”. I have seen on electronics forums where someone has bought a Sams club TV and needed to have it serviced, and heard from the parent company (Panasonic or whatever) that model number on a component or something isn’t one offered by them. Their parts are 100% compatible though, and they appear identical. Slightly different model numbers, and a few cut corners in terms of minor functions/bells and whistles, often in areas the average guy would not even think to look at (think, the guts and components of a tv or computer, a VERY slight difference in hardware or software etc). Definitely no difference in durability or longevity, or really overall quality since they are apples and oranges, but to claim they are identical is not true.

And now, a word about tires :mrgreen:

I think I saw Cooper AT3’s come up. I second those. I had them on my truck I sold and I wish I had them still. Next set on the current ride will be more Coopers.

Blocked

Had Wal-Mart VIZIO TV. Bought warranty at counter for $60 when purchased. Lightning strike. Warranty covered. New TV same warranty. Button on side quit working but remote works. Call warranty send guy out…he says either button problem or cable from buttons to circuit board. Claims he cannot get either warranty again pays for TV but still works with remote. Still watching TV today. Moved to family room and bought another VIZIO from walmat and guess what bought $60 dollar warranty! Bought Oscar Mayer hotdogs from Wal-Mart and guess what…same as Fareway hot dogs!!!! Read consumer report review on Great Value paper towels and liquid dishwasher detergent. I am not affiliated with Sam Walton in any way just proving the amount of pure bullshit that is slung on here daily!

Oh and Spenger I thought the censoring software was real at one time. That is why your simple mind couldn’t figure out the “bull excrement” post so many times and you were getting off on it…but it can be called bullshit when it is bullshit!

Blocked

Please hurry only 1 day left!

Participant

Quote by: twdenney

Had Wal-Mart VIZIO TV. Bought warranty at counter for $60 when purchased. Lightning strike. Warranty covered. New TV same warranty. Button on side quit working but remote works. Call warranty send guy out…he says either button problem or cable from buttons to circuit board. Claims he cannot get either warranty again pays for TV but still works with remote. Still watching TV today. Moved to family room and bought another VIZIO from walmat and guess what bought $60 dollar warranty! Bought Oscar Mayer hotdogs from Wal-Mart and guess what…same as Fareway hot dogs!!!! Read consumer report review on Great Value paper towels and liquid dishwasher detergent. I am not affiliated with Sam Walton in any way just proving the amount of pure bullshit that is slung on here daily!

Oh and Spenger I thought the censoring software was real at one time. That is why your simple mind couldn’t figure out the “bull excrement” post so many times and you were getting off on it…but it can be called bullshit when it is bullshit! [/

I’m almost 100% sure I went through your check out lane the other day at Wal mart! 😀

Participant

We are talking tires here and since it has been brought up electronics and food items.

There are lots of electronics and tires that are made exclusively for Walmart and Sam’s that CAN NOT be purchased from any one but Walmart. Many people in the general public DO NOT realize that they are buying an inferior product that has a major companies name on it, Walmart loves this and makes billions of dollars selling such products. The SMART shopper can find the differences with a little research. Walmart has/does go into many suppliers and says, “here’s millions of dollars, we want to order this many units of this made to a spec that doesn’t necessarily have to be what your normal standard is”. Companies take these millions of dollars and put their name on a product with exclusive model numbers made just for Walmart. I have personally talked with these companies or their representatives.

Walleyes and waterfowl, what else is there?

Participant

Firestone Trasnforce A/T’s. I have about 15,000 miles on this set and seem to be good. No traction issues. I pull something about 75% of the time. Lot of gravel.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!