Tire recommendations?2016-12-31T17:24:01-05:00

Home Forums Miscellaneous Love it….Hate it… Tire recommendations?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had 65K miles out of some BFG TA KO tires and they were not wore out. That is also driving a lot of gravel.

quailslayerquailslayer
    Participant

Michelin, I have a Ford F350 and pull a 5th wheel as well. My Dad retired from Firestone I could save money getting their tires but they don’t last as long. Be prepared to spend $ 1100-1200.

Participant

I just bought Michelin LTX- AT2 set of 4… they have a $70 rebate on 4 tires right now and for for a 265/75/16 10 ply the are around $225 a tire. You can spend more on a tire and you can certainly spend less but if you are going to keep the truck, put them on and rotate them, keep the truck aligned and never look back.

Participant

Quote by: dkwolf

Quote by: firepoggy

I’m in the market for a new set of shoes for my Ram 3500 SRW. I am very indecisive and would like to hear what has worked well for you.

I drive roughly 10k miles a year. 90% on street/highway, 10% gravel and off road. Of the 90%, roughly 1k miles a year pulling a 16k lbs 5th wheel.

I desire good tread life, decent snow/mad traction.

thanks

Both of my last two trucks, when they needed new rubber, got Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. Make sure to get the LT series (probably not an issue with a 3500 truck; when you’re buying for a 1500 a lot of places want to put P series tires on). LT’s will be 8 or 10 ply.

Both trucks, I got around 50,000 miles out of the tires. Excellent snow traction.

X3

Participant

Hankook and Nexen are both Korean brand tires (I live in Seoul now).

Participant

Quote by: HUNTERRICH

I don’t like noisy tires, so for my 2011 F 250 Diesel I bought BF Goodrich T/A KO2 very good in mud and QUITE I just love them. Bought at my local sears store and they are 10 ply’s. And I pull a 39 foot 5th wheel camper and they hold up just fine. I average 20,000 miles a year.

X2 on the BF Goodrich T/A KO2. They are a very tough tire and quite as well. Have been the best tires I have had yet. Fleet Farm had them at the best price and had several different sizes in stock. I didn’t have to wait they were able to put them on same day.

NorhawkNorhawk
    Participant

I have Hankook Dynapro ATM’s and I love them!

Participant

General grabber at2. I’ve had two sets. Great traction. They wear very well. Really they are a great all terrain. Go through snow ice and mud. But quiet and well mannered on the street. $165ea for a 16″ tire wasn’t too bad either

Participant

One thing to keep in mind if buying tires from Sam’s Club, Walmart or Costco. The name brand tire you buy from them probably won’t be serviced by any other tire dealer that sells that brand as in most cases the tires are made for those stores and the dealers can not get that exact same tire. this is why they sell for less and usually are made to their specifications and usually are not of the same quality. I know many tire dealers in many area that will not and can not get the same tire this is why the clubs sell their road hazards.

Walleyes and waterfowl, what else is there?

Participant

Samsclub can get you pretty much any tire that is on TireRack.com. The bonus is life time rotation, road hazard, fix a flat are included in the 15$/tire install package not a separate line item like they are at Wal-Mart. That’s generally why Sams has the best all in prices. I know that not everyone has a Sam’s 10 minutes away but I do and will never buy tires anywhere else because of their pricing, service, and warranty. I used to buy from Firestone stores, Freedom Tire, and Tires Plus but I felt like I was getting ripped off every time I walked through the doors I haven’t felt that way since I switched to Sam’s.

Participant

Thank You everyone for your input. There is a Sams a couple miles away so I went there yesterday to see what they offer. Unfortunately I am very limited as my truck came with 20in wheels. I can choose from Goodyear duratrac, a Michellin Highway Tire and an off brand mud tire. I asked if they could get tires from other suppliers and they said no.

The hunt continues.

Participant

Might be worth one more phone call but I got 18s at sams. They don’t stock a big selection but can usually get anything in in about a week.

Participant

Quote by: firepoggy

Thank You everyone for your input. There is a Sams a couple miles away so I went there yesterday to see what they offer. Unfortunately I am very limited as my truck came with 20in wheels. I can choose from Goodyear duratrac, a Michellin Highway Tire and an off brand mud tire. I asked if they could get tires from other suppliers and they said no.

The hunt continues.

They can’t get tires from other suppliers because they aren’t made to Sam’s, Walmart or Costco’s specs. They may say whatever major tire manufacturers name on the side but they are different

Walleyes and waterfowl, what else is there?

WhipWhip
    Participant

I have had good luck with Toyo open country and Cooper SST.

Whip

Participant

I was always a fan of the Goodyear Duratracs in 10ply but recently bought Kanati Trail Hogs. Mine were only $200/tire and they are 10 ply 275-65-18s. Duratracs in that size are $300+. The tread is very similar to the Duratracs with a little more aggressive side lug pattern and so far they are wearing great and aren’t too terribly loud either. Awesome off road traction.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!