Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Three Mile

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone hit three mile lately? Thought about running down tomorrow morning and wondered if anything was biting and where.

Thanks.
    Jason

Jason, I sent you a pm 😉

Participant

I will also take a PM….. 😀

Participant

Well if anyone is willing to share info I will be heading down there for the first time on the 20th. Any reports from your vists would be greatly appreciated.
    -Thanks

Participant

Let us know how you do….I havnt ben there all year so i dont know what its like…

Participant

Never made it out this morning. Heading out after work this week though. I’ll provide a report.

The lake is still putting out nice fish (as usual) During the hottest part of the year I always fish 3 Mile and 12 Mile lakes for walleyes at night. The walleyes, wipers, bass and nice channel catfish all prowl the shorelines at night.

I usually start around sunset and set up in the trees standing in 10 to 15 fow near the pumphouse and the creek arm nearby. About sunset the crappies will come up into the timber and hunt in small packs (very small schools). Minnows and small jigs under a slip bobber will catch them.
    Then after full darkness, I start to troll around the shorelines throwing a jig/twister tail/minnow rig right up to within 1 foot of the shoreline and work it back to the boat. Hold on to your rod because any hit could be a 10 lb fish.
    Every species in the lake will hit a twister tail with a minnow on it. Keep workin the shoreline with this rig and you’ll catch some real nice fish. Be steadfast with this technique, sometimes the bite isn’t too good until between 10 pm and midnight. This equates to a gozillion casts, but the payoff is exceptional and the best thing going on during these hottest few weeks.

Don’t discount 12 Mile lake either. It just takes time on the water and 12 Mile is a jewel to know. B)

I hope you try night fishing. You can thank me later. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.