Thinking of changing out my “truck gun” for something else…2019-03-08T10:43:20-05:00

Home Forums Hunting Firearms Thinking of changing out my “truck gun” for something else…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I toss in an AR15 I built a number of years ago each time I take the truck somewhere I might need a little bang…  Nothing fancy, just a 16″ rig with iron sights, a really tough bolt and barrel, a nice comp the cuts muzzle movement, and a tactile trigger that I can use whether my fingers are cold or not…

I’m seriously considering something shorter.  Maybe an AR pistol or the likes.  I like the idea of having something I can use for things that pop up, self defense, or maybe even the coyote that begs for sweet relief…  Anybody got any suggestions?  I’m guessing chambering this in 556 is the way to go, but I’ve considered a few others…

Thoughts?

-Michael

"I thought I trusted the rope until it mattered to me whether it would bear me. Now it matters, and I find I didn't..." - C.S. "Jack" Lewis - A Grief Observed

scruffyscruffy
    Participant

Probably not the direction you’re going, but I’ve thought the Remington tac 14 shotty, and all the different variants and versions from all the different makers, would make an interesting and very potent truck gun.  Maybe it would be a good compliment to an AR truck gun.  😉

WhipWhip
    Participant

I posted yesterday on this thread. I saw an error so I opened edit changed my error and then my post disappeared. Frustrating

Whip

Participant

Sounds like an SBR would be perfect. If only you knew someone that specialized in such things….

ECFirearmsECFirearms
    Participant

IMHO

9mm PCC that uses Glock mags for self defense, uses the same mags as Glock pistol for carry gun.  can wack a coyote out to 100 yards no prob too.

If coyotes are more of a problem, AR-15 in 5.56 sbr with side folder stock and 1-4 scope.  compact but can still reach out and wack the occasional coyote, can also be used for self defense.

“Second Amendment – Either you are helping pull the wagon, getting a free ride in the wagon, or trying to take away the wagon. Which one are you?” -- IAShooters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!