Home Forums Hunting Artifacts and Finds TEETH FOUND

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I found these yesterday in a creek in the loess hills by Glenwood. Any ideas on what they are? The large one is 3 in long 1 1/4 in wide and 3/4 in thick. Also found some petrified bones. Thanks Mark

river
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The two smaller ones look to be canine teeth. The big one? I don’t have a clue

River

[email protected]
    Up
    Down

horse tooth

[email protected]
    Up
    Down

Cool! Looks like someone needs a dentist! 😆

lebruce
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The top right one looks like it could be a wolf molar tooth and the other small one looks to be K 9 also.Here’s a link to a few pic.s.

http://www.paleoenterprises.com/wolf2.htm

Prime_Focus
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Mine are all accounted for. :mrgreen: Not sure what they are but canine sure looks good for the two on the right. Bison or horse would be my guess on the big one. Great finds. I especially like the canines. They are unusual.

tpull45
    Participant
    Up
    Down

i recently found a tooth similar to the larger one. I would guess it might be a bison tooth?

markbrower
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Prime_Focus

Mine are all accounted for. :mrgreen: Not sure what they are but canine sure looks good for the two on the right. Bison or horse would be my guess on the big one. Great finds. I especially like the canines. They are unusual.

I liked the canine- canine too. Laying next to some coyote canines it was at least three times larger and slightly different shaped, so I have no clue what it could be.

Matt G. do you think bison?

flyfishr
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: markbrower

Quote by: Prime_Focus

I liked the canine- canine too. Laying next to some coyote canines it was at least three times larger and slightly different shaped, so I have no clue what it could be.

Matt G. do you think bison?

:mrgreen: Ok its a mountianlion’s lower front canines or whatever they are called in cats. :mrgreen:

wallydiver
    Participant
    Up
    Down

[Teeth]

This is a pict from known teeth!!
    The 4 on top are Coyote teeth I pulled them, two upper fangs and one lower fang and one molar? they are up to 2″ long and I have larger! The bottom two are domestic dog also around 2″ long but usually a little thicker! They also are lower fangs, Wolf teeth are much bigger than these! I think the ones you found look like LG coyote or even more dog to me!
    On the teeth you found, the fang is a lower left tooth and the molar is from the lower left jaw also!

markbrower
    Participant
    Up
    Down

yeah it looks alot like those domestic dog teeth. Anyone else think the big one is a horse?

brewermt
    Participant
    Up
    Down

yes, the one is most likely from a horse. But, could also be from a ruminant. It is a hypsodont tooth.

markbrower
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: brewermt

yes, the one is most likely from a horse. But, could also be from a ruminant. It is a hypsodont tooth.

HUH?

kenhump
    Participant
    Up
    Down

The teeth of cows and deer are hypsodont. Mammals that feed on abrasive substances(vegetation with sand & grit on it) are subject to rapid wear on their teeth. Many of these species have teeth that extend unusually far above the gumline.;l 😐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.