Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Survival knife

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have a Fallkniven F1. It’s a laminated vg10 blade steel. I’ve put it to serious use in Canada and I’m a little disappointed in the vg-10 as it has a tendency to want to chip out sometimes. I think if I had to do it again I’d go with Bark River in Elmax steel. Made in the U.P. of Michigan.

Participant

Thank you all for the input. I’ve had a chance over the last couple days to put my hands on many of these knives. I think I found a winner today with the Tops b.o.b. bushcraft fieldcraft. Feels great in my hand and should work well for many applications.

Wader

Participant

Fine looking knife, I like the design and build materials. Made to be used for sure. 😀

Participant

Congrats Wader and that should be a very versatile and effective knife from gutting and skinning to batoning and feathering. Im sure you won’t be disappointed!

Participant

Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT), Cold Steel, and Benchmade all make suitable knives that would fit your functions. CRKT has some interesting serrations on a number of their knife models. I can’t remember what they’re known as. But if you are confused by choosing the knife then you should read the reviews of the knife. It will help you to choose best.

Daniel-JDaniel-J
    Participant

When I first started training, which was a long time ago, ordered in a real forge, they still exist, 5 knives for hunting. Since then, more than 10 years have passed and I only give them to sharpen as needed. Remember to consider handmade work sometimes, it can be much more durable.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.