Home Forums Miscellaneous Camping Sunrise, Plan B, Stormlake 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I think I have made all but two.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Jeff– If there are sunflower seeds there this year are you going to help me eat them? Last year I had to eat them and a lot of the peanuts by myself.

drifty4drifty4
    Participant
    Up
    Down

We have made it each to some part of it each year, hope to do it again this year.

Looking forward to the new comers, as well as the tried and true.

For those with kids, or for those of us that are young at heart, there is a water park, miniature golf, and a bicycle rental shop with in walking distance. There is lots of shore fishing available across from the park.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant
    Up
    Down

trying to decide what I should bring to the potluck on Sat nite. Anybody else know what they are thinking of?

OldbearOldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

What date is it for sure?

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Participant
    Up
    Down

Quote by: Oldbear

What date is it for sure?

weekend after Labor Day. We plan to arrive Wed, Sept 9th and will stay thru the 13th. The potluck is planned for the evening of the 12th, about 6pm.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Folks come and go throughout, but the majority usually show up Friday nite thru Sat nite. kind of warm to sound good now, but I will plan to have a pot of chili at our picnic table on Friday nite again. That way anyone pulling in Friday nite can get themselves setup and not have to worry about fixing things to eat too.

drifty4drifty4
    Participant
    Up
    Down

It’s getting closer.

Genesis 27:3
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Participant
    Up
    Down

Getting the camper organized for Sunrise – Plan B.

Mflan- saw Colleen at a meeting the other day and she was making sure she had the right days marked on the calendar

Participant
    Up
    Down

Sandman might just show up with some deer sausage, crackers and a case of cold ones as always 😉

Participant
    Up
    Down

Sandman– the deer sausage and the cool ones are always a hit—- as is the conversation, tales, stories, etc that you bring to the campfire with you! Was hoping we could get you to drag that “trade” in and camp with us one of these times.

Reminding everyone — We will have some folks starting to filter in Sept 9th and on through the weekend. Usually the peak attendance is Sat afternoon and evening for the potluck (usually about 6pm) and the good times around the fire afterward.

Up
    Down

Still working on getting settled in at the new place, not for sure if I will bring the camper up , but for sure will be stopping in for some conversation and a cold beverage!!

Participant
    Up
    Down

So the mandatory salted in the shell peanuts and sunflower seeds are packed into the camper. Week from now we will be setting up for potluck!!!!!!!!!! ANTICIPATION !!!!!!!!!

marie_bmarie_b
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Hope somebody has a satellite so we can watch the Iowa/Iowa State game!

Quando omni flunkus, moritati. (When all else fails, play dead.)

marie_bmarie_b
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Almost all packed. Just have to stop and get the camper after work tomorrow and I’m outta here!

Quando omni flunkus, moritati. (When all else fails, play dead.)

Participant
    Up
    Down

Have fun all! We can’t make it as of now. Great group of people and always plenty of food. We may swing through to say hi but not camp the way it looks.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Well this is not going to be popular, but can’t make it. I might be able to make it Sunday morning. Got a football game Friday and college visit on Saturday. Dang, I hate this. I was so looking forward to it after missing last year. Hope you all have fun and enjoy the good food.

Up
    Down

I’m glad I was able to stop in and chat for a bit today, lookin kinda iffy that I will make it back up there this weekend.

Participant
    Up
    Down

Unfortunately Pat & my camping days appar to be over. Due to health issues we have sold our camper. We will be selling our truck too. Sad day, first time in decades with no camper. If Pat’s health gets better we may look at small class A. Great weather weekend. Hope Plan B folks have a great one.

OldbearOldbear
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Wishing everyone a great get together. I wanted to make it for Fri. to Sun. wasn’t gonna work. Sat. no. Then thought Sat. night and come home. It just ain’t gonna work for me folks. Wanted to see old friends and meet new ones. Know you’ll have a great time and beautiful weather. Best part is Saturday night chow time.
    Be careful out their.

Mayor of Hickory Grove

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.