Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Storm Lake Ice Fishing Tournament

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

like to say thanks to everyone that came to our tourny,was a great day to be on the lake so they tell me 😈 good job alec,going from not being able to catch a cold early in the season to winng the tourny.again thanks for making this a good one

Participant

Thanks to everyone for the great turn out for the tournament. We ended with a lot bigger numbers than expected. I know we had fun and it seemed most people fishing the tournament did to and that’s what it’s all about! Thanks again and keep your eyes peeled for a Spring Tournament! Congrats to the winners! 😀

Participant

so tell us Alec, what was the hot lure you used to land those fish??

Mike

Participant

spring tourney ?

As in catfish ?

wanna be my guide mikeee?

at least your coming around now for SOME guys from Kingsley

Keymaster

Tourney was not bad. Didn’t win, but did manage to get my first walleye. Have to say this had to be my best trip to Storm. Usually I break something if not myself. The locals that we fished with put us on fish. Our group did good. The day was outstanding for weather. Even managed to down a few brats in process. All in all it was a good day.

PS I told the wife that I won a Vexilar and that I have to go pick it up. Now I can go buy one and she will never.

Participant

The lure i caught all the big fish on was with a small fiska. It is a perch lure in a perch color and caught some more on the organge fiska also. I also caught quite a few on the pink frostee during the morning hours.

Participant

Quick thanks to Binnings for hosting a great tournament! Came in from KC and fished with some good friends from High School. We held out for the one over the slot, but she never appeared. The action from 4pm until dark was excellent, and we all left the ice with our limits of fish in the 14.5 to 16 inch range. Learn something new all the time, never thought I would be ice fishing for walleye in 3 foot of water! Then again, never thought I’d see that many people ice fishing on Storm Lake.

Congrats to the winner, heard this is your first year of ice fishing, very nice way to start it off. Also very good of you to share your choice of lures with the rest of us.

I never did hear what the payouts were, would be curious to know.

Just a side note: My buddies and I have been going up to MN the last 3 years ice fishing. Twice to Upper Red Lake and last year to Mille Lacs, the fishing on Saturday alone kicked the crap out of those 3 trips to MN. Can’t wait to make it back to my hometown for more eye fishing! I hope Binnings will host another ice fishing tournement next year, word will get out and you’ll have 300.

Pommer, always good fishing with you, glad your mom was able to patch your coat after using your auger to burn a nice hole in it and still impressed you were able to fish your cell out of the hole before you gave it up to the lake.

Participant

I think there were as many cell phones lost as there was fish! 😆

Here’s the results and pay outs for the tournament:

1st Place: Alec Kestel- $1087.20 49.875″

2nd Place: Scott Eike- $543.60 47.875″

3rd Place: Michael Schwindt- $181.20 47.375″

As for an ice tournament next year…if there’s ice, there’s a tournament!

We ARE planning to host a Spring/Summer Tournament this year. It will be another walleye tournament. At this point we’re planning to do a boat tournament(100 boats max), 2 man teams, $100 per boat. Once we get the details nailed down we’ll get it posted. Please let us know if any of you have interest in being a part of it so we can get it planned. Based on your responses, we’ll determine how we’ll do the tournament. Thoughts?

Participant

Can’t wait to make it back to my hometown for more eye fishing

Go Tornadoes! What year did you graduate Tiz?

Participant

Graduated in ’90

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.