Home Forums Fishing Ice Fishing Storm Lake Ice Fishing Tournament

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here’s that link again for you!

http://www.binningoutdoors.com/secure-binningoutdoors/ProdImages/iceentry2008.pdf

If you can’t get it to pull up you can either go to our website and click on the “Storm Lake Ice Fishing Tournament” banner on the right side of the home page or you can go to the Iowa Outdoors calendar and click on the tournament on the 23rd and then click on the Storm Lake Ice Fishing Tournament text and it should lead you to the entry form. Thanks for letting us know that you’re coming guys! We look forward to seeing you all there!

Participant

I have been going to your site, binningoutdoors, and I don’t see a link for current ice and fishing reports as I can find on other store/lake sites. This would be an appreciated link to add. In the mean time, could you give us an accurate and honest report on the ice/snow conditions and a much appreciated fishing report, along with, which access would be best for access/parking/fishing, ect. Thanx much for your honest input. 😉

Participant

you want a fisherman to tell the truth 😆 i didn’t get out this weekend,but did hear that they were catching fish this weekend.sat there was alot of guys out by the big island.had a customer call this morn and he did real well sat,a few keepers and some slot fish.as far as ice conditions,there is 20-24″ in most places.watch for slush pockets along shore,alot of snow is blocking most ramps,i would use the ramp by scout park.hope this helps,anymore questions just ask

Participant

Quote by: WILDMAN

I have been going to your site, binningoutdoors, and I don’t see a link for current ice and fishing reports as I can find on other store/lake sites. This would be an appreciated link to add. In the mean time, could you give us an accurate and honest report on the ice/snow conditions and a much appreciated fishing report, along with, which access would be best for access/parking/fishing, ect. Thanx much for your honest input. 😉

plenty of ice and some snow, but still managable to get around with a 4×4 truck,atv or snowmobile. Any south ramp on to the lake has slush pockets so it would be wise to use the Scout Park entrance ( Chip or bubba will be able to give directions when you sign up). As for the fish biting well thats why they call it fishing, sometimes you catch them sometimes you don’t. But this has been an above normal winter with lots of fish being caught. Fish any of the points , the inlet area has been good or the high bank on the north shore. Gotta remember Storm is like a big bowl ,with the water being milk and the walleyes being cheerios,sometimes when your eatin cheerios there floatin on this side of the bowl, the next time there floatin on that side or most of the time they are just floatin all over,poke some holes and look for the fish. If nothing else at least you got to fish Storm this year, won’t know unless you try.

Mike

Participant

Thanks for the suggestion on a link for ice conditions and fishing reports. I’ll work on it! Mike’s right about the fishing…There is no one “hot spot”. The bite has been very consistent all season long but on occasion there may be a slow day. The fish seem to be “on the move” and it’s a matter of being in the right place at the right time. The areas Mike highlighted have been good spots but they’ve also been fished the most. My suggestion(as well as my experience this year) is spread out! Some of my most successful outings this year have been in areas I normally wouldn’t have fished simply to avoid the crowd. You can catch fish anywhere on this lake right now. My guess is that most walleye fisherman wouldn’t be fishing in 2 feet of water but there has been a huge amount of success that shallow this year. It’s definitely a numbers game. My prediction of the tourney is that there will be A LOT of fish caught. Partly because the bite is good and partly because there will be a lot of fisherman. I’ve heard many times this year that the fishing slowed down…that was from a few guys. The next few guys that came into the store caught their limits. Try not to go off of one person’s outing. Just remember…you can’t catch em’ if you’re not out there! 🙂 We fish the lake a lot ourselves and have loads of friends that fish it too so we usually have a pretty good handle on what’s going on. And we’ll always give an honest report because making up fish stories won’t keep you coming back…for long anyway. If the fish are biting, we’ll tell you that. If they’re not, we’ll tell you that too! We like repeat costumers! I’ll be fishing Friday eve. and I’ll post what I see regarding entry points on the lake. Good luck to all of you in the tourney….SEE YOU ON THE ICE!

Participant

you can count me and a buddy or two in. what time will you be open to check in on saterday morning? and, if you get bait delivered what time will you get it??

Participant

We should be here around 5:30am or so. But remember, you can’t start fishing til 6:30am 😀 If you need bait delivered to you on the lake, it should only take 10-15 minutes to find you. Simply call the store and give us your tourney number and approximate location and I’ll find you. I’ll be buzzing around the lake all day with a cooler of minnows. See you Saturday!

Keymaster

I will be there. I think that I have a couple of other people talked into coming too.

Participant

theres been some pretty good action on the north side between the college and chattaqua park (the jetty)

Participant

Not too sure if I want to get up, 3-4am to get there early. Is there a cut-off time for entering, say if I get there by 8-9.00am. Or is there a way to preregister by paying you through the binning web-store? as it may be abit late to mail my entry. Thanx 😉

Participant

you can check in anytime,as far as pre registering through the website i don’t know,i’ll check

Participant

How long is a trip from Des Moines?

I just did a mapquest and it showed 2 hours and 45 min………that seems kinda long to me though.

Participant

Thanx for the info and will be check’n back to see about pre-registry through the store. Sounds like good weather on the Omaha stations, what is the forecast for Storm lake area on Sat.? 😉

Participant

des moines is about 230 just depends on how fast you drive 😀
    it is supposed to be a heat wave on saturday should hopefully get into the 20s if not 30s the wind is suppose to be down to compared to what we have been having. should be a good day to fish

Participant

I make the trip back to the hometown pretty regularly fro Ankeny. It takes me 2:15 without stopping

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.