Home Forums Fishing General Fishing Forum Storm lake bite

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have an inlaw family reunion starting tomorrow in storm lake. We are staying at kings pointe and would like to shore fish a bit for a break. Cats or walleyeS. Not looking to keep any thing. Just want my son to catch fish. Any help would be great with bait or location as such. Shore fish only.

Also would like a good place to have some Mexican food for dinner Saturday night!!

Thanks in advance for ur help!! (Sandman)

Matt

Participant

Haven’t fished in awhile,but ya may try slip bobber and leaches if it was me try the marina jetty its one of my fav spots this time of year.as far as
    mex food plaza mexico is good

Participant

As long as your at Kings Pointe, just walk a little east down the shoreline and toss out a minnow and crawler on the bottom. Should get you either a cat or an eye, good luck! 😉

Participant

Forgot to mention. If you get bored swing over 3 miles west of Alta Friday or Saturday. (follow the signs) I am having a huge garage sale and my Morton building is full! Fishing poles, ice shacks, ice rods, pistol holsters, outboard motor (antique) targets, tires, camper, bikes and everything else that goes into a guys garage sale!

Participant

Thanks for the info!! Just might show up at the Morton sale on Saturday!!!

Participant

Forgot to ask. What time of day has been better?

Participant

Thanks for the info sandman! Ended up going to the bait shop and he told me same thing. We used leeches and crawlers under bobbers and had a blast. Pry caught a dozen nice cats in less than 2 hours Saturday morning. Caught a few off the kings pointe dock Sunday morning also. Thanks again for all the info!!

Participant

La Juanita’s for the food!

Participant

Quote by: JELM

La Juanita’s for the food!

Did they re-open that restaurant? Wasn’t the one in SL the one that was shut down because of a rat infestation?

My vote is for Plaza.

Participant

Juanitas has never been closed, its almost open 24 hours a day. If you want food poisoning head on over to Plaza Mexico.

Participant

Can’t be the Boathouse for all-you-can-eat fish on Saturday nights $11.99 😉

Participant

Quote by: sandman

Can’t be the Boathouse for all-you-can-eat fish on Saturday nights $11.99 😉

Whoa, was thinking about heading out fishing Saturday night. Might have to head your way for some fishing and then hit the Boathouse for supper. Hmmm.

Participant

Tomorrow is the $11.99 all you can eat, I work there friday and saturdays bartending.

Participant

Quote by: Iowa_Ducks

Tomorrow is the $11.99 all you can eat, I work there friday and saturdays bartending.

Just trying to stoke the fire? I will see what I can do.

Participant

Sherry & I are meeting her parents at Storm tomorrow morning for a day of trolling. Anything going on or tips on where to start. Last time we just were on the Dredge area by the East boat ramp and did great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.